Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I haven't used TOR for awhile now, since incoming SMS stopped refreshing, even with proper polling settings. I'm able to send, but only receive via email. Not ideal at all...

And my settings change from time to time too, so its getting to where it was a hindrance to using it for any real critical communication. I've been using the full GV site.
So there is a bug out to Nokia et al about the settings change. Did we look into the other problem (incoming SMS stopped refreshing) so I can look into fixing it?

I think a few days I had this problem where the SMS messages my friend sent (in a reply to mine) never showed up. It wasn't until I checked the GV website that I found out about them. Though they were already marked as read. o.O

Can't reproduce it reliably though, also doesn't help when that friend doesn't consistently reply to my messages lol.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I'm here to help if I can. What should I do?

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I think a few days I had this problem where the SMS messages my friend sent (in a reply to mine) never showed up. It wasn't until I checked the GV website that I found out about them. Though they were already marked as read. o.O

Can't reproduce it reliably though, also doesn't help when that friend doesn't consistently reply to my messages lol.
I text so infrequently that I don't even notice when this happens but I think once or two it has happened, I just haven't had a chance at those times to look into it.

Note that GV marks messages as read if you reply to them. Thats one of the reasons why the polling is so complex

I'm here to help if I can. What should I do?
  1. Stop GV
  2. Move log out of folder (~/.telepathy-theonering/theonering.log)
  3. Start GV
  4. Note at what times you have these issues (so I can correlate them to items in the log. Please describe anything you can that even might be helpful.

The existing log file might be helpful I just might not have enough context to interpret it.

I keep trying to paste the log into a reply, but it keeps saying:
"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

...even when I add more than 10 characters to the reply...

I keep trying to paste the log into a reply, but it keeps saying:
"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

...even when I add more than 10 characters to the reply...
You could email it to me at eopage AT byu DOT net

sent, epage.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
not really notocing any problems.

First off, this is a great app epage, I just got google voice and I'm impressed that it is seamlessly integrated with the contacts and converstaions.

I'm having a similar problem to what christexaport is experiencing (sms problems). I sent the sms just fine, and it shows up in the conversation I have with the contact, but it isn't fetching the reply. The sms I received in reply is still in my inbox as "unread". Do you want me to send you a log as well? Thanks.

I've been getting messages since I copied the log to the email. Wondering if its working now?

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5