Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
The bezel is big, that's for certain, but Jolla has also done little to hide it. You don't have buttons anywhere and the phones front is totally flat.
Compare that to N9 were you have one big curved glass (that's not the real screen estate), combined with the plastic body and rim the glass is sunk to. There's nothing flat about N9's front.

That bezel is big, but never did that enter into a discussion with N9 and I can't say I ever thought about it.
Totally right even me missed that LOL! It really shows how easy manipulated we are by "design"

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Actually going Intel might be a smart move, Silvermont's actually looking very competitive, & as you say, Intel is desperate to get more exposure...
All of the biggest players are (mostly) locking them out, tying to keep it as a ARM-only game, mainly Chinese OEM's/ODM's have readily embraced them so far.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
only CORE apps in harmattan that I want to see in sailfish is NokiaMaps. The rest is already there or replacable.
Yep, hope they've been able to negotiate something with 1 of the major players in this area.

Good HTML5 suppport yes. Cause they use QtWebkit.
They're supposedly going to support Cordova alongside AlienDalvik, but Qt will ofc remain their central focus.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-05-23 at 18:14.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
The screen is on, with the backlight on extra low.
Oh yes, good spot. The new Asha 501 pulls this trick without AMOLED too.
I hope Nokia haven't done any cheeky patenting. Why doesn't any other manufacturer do it? Or do they?

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I don't think I've seen this hands on video with Chief Designer Martin Schule on TMO so here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxv7iXwIgno

you really should check 2nd post....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Thanks for doing a great job aggregating all that info. by the way, it is appreciated.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
I think that LPM display is patented by nokia. Its strange that other companies doesn't add this function to their phones

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ India
has anyone used Nokia E63, E71 and E72. I guess they all had LPM though it was different.

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by kumary View Post
has anyone used Nokia E63, E71 and E72. I guess they all had LPM though it was different.
Are you talking about this?
Attached Images

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Worldwide
Originally Posted by kumary View Post
actually they didn't have that ability. those devices showed the clock without the light of the lcd. you had to long press the center key in order to wake the clock screen up. in the s60v3 devices, i have only seen the lpm screen at n85 and n86 which had amoled displays.

Originally Posted by flotron View Post
Are you talking about this?
yes probably he is.

Last edited by Artyom; 2013-05-23 at 20:16.

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red