Active Topics

Closed Thread
roleplay how did u get the ssh working been trying that but i dont get it to work ? so i can past the comands to the n900 has done it on the n900 maybe i am doing somthink wrong when putting in the comands on the n900 thanksi

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Amazonia (Spain)
?
You don't need ssh with new tuto (ssh and a lot of other s*it don't allow you to follow the tuto correctly)
Anyway, now I can't, eeehhmmm, stop unbooting? froyo, after reaching android main screen, closes itself down (with "standar" power-off method)... I leave, too much for me when only trying to boot and keep on it again.

Coming soon

ok thanks well i hope u get it sorted i am going to have a try letter sometimes i think do a new install off maemo start againe lol

I just installed NITDroid on my N900 and formatted with gparted (on my Archlinux netbook) instead of on the N900's command line.

If you have any problems I recommend this approach instead: I have a 8Gb SDHC card and I created first the FAT32 partition with 1,9 Gb free space before it, then the ext3 partition on the remaining space.

Just a tip!

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by bewrong View Post
i have some questions about running android on n900.
* so the phone will run in dual boot? (maemo and android) if so, will you be able to choose at boot?
* can this be uninstalled?
* if there was a problem in installing android will it brick the phone? is it possible to restore it again?
Hi bewrong -

*Yes, the phone runs in dual boot. If you have your keyboard out when booting it will give you a menu to choose from, if the keyboard is closed it defaults to Maemo.

*Yes, it can be uninstalled. The easiest way that Ive heard to do this would be to uninstall the bootmenu program and then simply reformat your microSD card.

*When messing with low level settings like boot options or a new OS there is always a risk of bricking your phone. Most of the tutorials even have that warning highlighted in bold or red to make sure we all knew the risk before proceeding.

Hope that helps...

I just wanted to add this bit. I was able to install android on my N900 without using a external computer I had this thread opened and just copied and pasted commands to the terminal and I was so surprised how everything worked flawlessly aside from the partitioning of the 16GB micro sd card which I had to format in Windows XP but nevertheless awesome instructions.

One major problem I am having is getting Wi-Fi to work but it could just be my encryption WPA TKIP and I did have MAC address Filtering turned it off and said it was able to connect but still unable to browse still happy that I was able to get Froyo installed on my N900!

Last edited by contro; 2010-07-11 at 17:43.

Posts: 208 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgium
i cannot connect to wifi with the latest build of nitdroid and multiboot. I choose option 4 in multiboot so i'm in the correct load.

when i choose my wifi i enter my wep-key but it wont connect. it keeps trying to get a lock at the ip adress but i failes and it tries again. it keeps trying everytime in a loop.

can someone help me?

rollyplay u got nitdroid running yet ?

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
anyone help me out please?

just tried partitioning the sd card, think i cocked it up as now maemo says card format not supported. when partitoning it said something about rebooting, so i did and now not recognised.

any way to wipe all partitions and start again?

cheers ®

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by mr_bridger View Post
anyone help me out please?

just tried partitioning the sd card, think i cocked it up as now maemo says card format not supported. when partitoning it said something about rebooting, so i did and now not recognised.

any way to wipe all partitions and start again?

cheers ®
Try to redo it in the program you used for it the first time

Sounds like it's missing the small fat32 partition since it wont regonise it?

Otherwise try kingoddballs guide to do it on the N900 with sfdisk. It's in this thread on page 15, can't remember the post #.

I did it with kingoddballs guide the first time i installed NITdroid cause i couldn't get gparted to work in vm linux mint One thing don't mount the sd card after you partitioned it, wait with that for when you install NITdroid with the newest guide from steve

First you could try to open xterm:
sudo gainroot <enter>
sfdisk -l <enter> (-L)
There you can see the partitions on your device. The sdcard is mmcblk1p1, mmcblk1p2 and so on it and should be the first shown in xterm. The internal storage is mmcblk0p1 and so on.

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Closed Thread