Active Topics

Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I have different issues with power kernel. In the latest kernel 46, I get random shutdowns regardless of speed. The phone simply shuts down with no warning and then refuses to power up until battery removal. Always happens when phone is locked in pocket and moving around.
Maybe a loose battery contact is the culprit. I have been in the same issue a month back. That's when I bought a new original battery from Nokia and a universal Desktop Charger for my BL-5J and other Li-ion battery. I also had completely no idea why I my phone shutsdown randomly, mostly when the phone is locked in my pocket while I'm walking, sliding up the keyboard, and even when i just hold my phone and tilt it up. Then i found these topics and tried the solution, and viola! No random shutdowns right after that.

As i evaluated the problem and the solution, I guess it all happened because of the universal Desktop Charger that I bought and used to charge that battery. My desktop charger has 2 pins for the + and - which made the contacts loose since it has a larger diameter than the max distance between the contacts of the battery.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66273
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=884140

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I thought about it, problem it, it doesn't start again by button. I have to replace battery to start it, so it's not a battery contact.

I am now investigating a CPU freq issue.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Don't just think about it. Trying doing it. get a thumbtack or pushpin and draw the contacts on your battery closer.

And don't try to immediately power on your device after a shutdown, it has some delays even if it seems to look like it has shutdown already.

Originally Posted by jothanan View Post
Don't just think about it. Trying doing it. get a thumbtack or pushpin and draw the contacts on your battery closer.

And don't try to immediately power on your device after a shutdown, it has some delays even if it seems to look like it has shutdown already.
I have tracked the issue, permanently, to an issue with wlan being either unable to find anything or with with several consecutive failures via syslog.

Also, the issue has 100% repeatability with stock Nokia kernel from PR1.3, so this is definitely not a power kernel issue.

As a result, I'll stop bugging everyone now. I'll reflash (ughhh!) and try to salvage as much data as I can. I wish I could trak this down for the rest of you but unfortunatly I'm losing phone capability every drive and this unacceptable for such a long time.

I'll give it one more shot on the way home and that's it. Reflash.

Im running maemo at 850mhz and Nitroid Gingerbread at 900-1150mhz depending to that if i am playing game or something heavy OR just surfing in the net or something not so heavy.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Wales
Whats happened with Titan? Is there plans on a newer kernel update from v46 to fix issues involving the camera start up.

Nokia N900 - Kernel V47 OC'd at 1.15mhz, CSSU, BleedingEdge, 64gb, H-E-N.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

If I help you somehow in a post then please press thanks next to it!

Message me @ Dale_Foster_1099@Hotmail.com
Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I have tracked the issue, permanently, to an issue with wlan being either unable to find anything or with with several consecutive failures via syslog.
It was that. Multiple consecutive failures in the modem caused the shutdown. The underlying issue was most likely mechanical in nature.

I was a coincidence that it always cored when wifi failed. Failure points were roughly at the edge of wifi.

am having a problem were after a reflash my battery severly overheats up to 51c when charging with usb will normal charger is fine. am replacing the battery soon anyway

ive been using the power kernel for a long time on ideal.. and something i nticed today is that conky shows the clockfreqs switching between min and max only. if i change the min and max limits, then it will switch between those. All the freqs in between are ignored.
cpu percentage would be 45% for 500mhz and 50% for 1000mhz.

i havent chaned any of the values within the ideal file, so they're all there on the FREQS list. the only avoid freqs are 125 and 250.

whats wrong?

another doubt, if i use the time-in-state script given in the voltage tables wiki, do i have to keep xterm alive. because right now the values are all 0.

Last edited by di1in; 2011-01-25 at 12:41.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
ive been using the power kernel for a long time on ideal.. and something i nticed today is that conky shows the clockfreqs switching between min and max only. if i change the min and max limits, then it will switch between those. All the freqs in between are ignored.
cpu percentage would be 45% for 500mhz and 50% for 1000mhz.

i havent chaned any of the values within the ideal file, so they're all there on the FREQS list. the only avoid freqs are 125 and 250.

whats wrong?

another doubt, if i use the time-in-state script given in the voltage tables wiki, do i have to keep xterm alive. because right now the values are all 0.
okay im not an expert but this is how i understand.

Your n900 runs the Ondemand Governor. Which means, the cpu will run from the lowest freq to the highest depending on what the system or a process needs.

Example you're on ideal 500/1000, and you run an app which needs at least 850mhz. Your cpu will elevate from 500 to 850 in an instant.

So i believe....nothing is wrong....

(someone correct me please)

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom