Notices

Originally Posted by joshn53 View Post
I can't reproduce this. Could you please email me the PDB file that you're using?
I have another problem here:

I've tried to use a .pdb file of a braziliam portuguese version but in the Katana some "firsts" verses of some chapters don't show. This is interesting cause in the bible+ for palm it works very well.

Is this a bug already known ?

Originally Posted by leojab View Post
Very nice app and I use it often. Thanks all.
Can we have the following features:
1. Adding comments
2. Highlight verses in different colour
3. Read out options (like read whole chapter or certain selected range of verses)
Any progress here ..

Is there no update to this app... I use this app quite often. Could teh maintainer pls check out the above mentioned requests

Any chance of adding the following:

(a) Back feature: To return to the previous screen. An example of where this would be useful is when you go to the select passage screen. If you select the Book you go to the chapter select screen. However, if you mistakenly press the wrong chapter you need to start the process all over again. Would be nice to just press back which would take you back to the chapter select screen.

(b) Next and previous chapter icons. Can be a mild annoyance having to go through the book and chapter selection process when the chapter you want is just 1 or 2 chapters away. I know you can scroll up or down to other chapters but not quite as intuitive and you may not know how long the chapter you are in is.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Not sure if folks are still working/testing on Katana, but I've got to confess - I've not been pushing this project as much as I could have. Part of it has been life-related, other parts having more to do with just not seeing certain aspects of how I deal with faith and tech in a manner that serves (1 Cor. 13).

I simply ask for your forgiveness in that, and the ability to move forward.

I'm hoping to get an N900 (yes, I know the platform news) and get back into this project and a few others. If you could keep me in prayer for one (or know someone who'd be up for donating their N900) that would be great. In the meantime, I hope to put the work where my mouth/fingers are - there is an aspect of being aligned with an open source platform that makes a lot of sense for the ecosystem of Bible reading/distribution/marketing. Time to make that clear in practice.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Can someone point me to some instructions on how to make one's own version of a Bible translation if one already has it in ASCII format?

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
Can someone point me to some instructions on how to make one's own version of a Bible translation if one already has it in ASCII format?
You can try this tool (http://gbf2bc.sourceforge.net/), but you might need to search around that community for an alternate one for other types of files/versions.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
If anyone could help me get the NIV on Rapier for Diablo, I swear, I personally will write a song about you.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
If anyone could help me get the NIV on Rapier for Diablo, I swear, I personally will write a song about you.
Sorry, not much of a chance of that happening (legally that is); its a licensing issue, not a technical one.

Your best bet will be a website to access it for the forseeable future.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
You can try this tool (http://gbf2bc.sourceforge.net/), but you might need to search around that community for an alternate one for other types of files/versions.
Thanks. I found this site which seems to be what I was looking for. In case any one is looking for the same thing.

http://palmbibleplus.sourceforge.net/createbible.htm

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Tags
bible, maemo 5, rapier, reference browser, religious apps, scripture reader, sword