Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by marpsoft View Post
Mediasat Satelite Decoder (many times rebranded, is it Philips?).

Remote Control Philips rc8244

Had no succes with current Philips SAT keysets but this piece of crap is hard to use even with oryginal remote controls.
And my Philips series 6000 TV was detecting (diode blinking, no other action) signals from qtirreco that I was using to control this crap decoder.
Yes, it is very likely that the remote is using a Philips protocol (probably RC5), which is why the TV recognizes the signal. The big question is where to find the codes; in fact, if they follow the standard Philips numbering system (not everybody does), all you'd really need is the device code for the receiver... I'm not seeing much support for Mediasat in my usual sources, but I'll do some googling.

Originally Posted by petur View Post
On the Magnum TV, it says:
TV 7090 VT
RS 20449
Well, the config file I had was for a 5520 VT. A "7090 VT" doesn't sound all that different. Oh well, shoot.

I'm not finding any more "Magnum" config files. I'm not sure where to look next...

Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
we need more devs like you bro. please make more apps for maemo5. keep up the good work
Thanks! You know, though, I've never really considered myself a "developer" for the N900. Pierogi is pretty much just a toy I wrote for my own use, I'm still kinda surprised how popular it seems to be...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
That is quite possible, there just aren't a lot of config files available for air conditioners. I've only found one for Panasonic so far. I'm not sure where to find more A/C codes...
btw, i got myself an external USB IR reader and hooked it up to my laptop. i can use it to read some codes from ir remote controls in lirc format. that would be a way to create more codes but only if you own the remote in the first place.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Thanks! You know, though, I've never really considered myself a "developer" for the N900. Pierogi is pretty much just a toy I wrote for my own use, I'm still kinda surprised how popular it seems to be...
well the thing is, you captured what the users need/want. and your being welcome and responsive is keeping it up to its phase!

The Following User Says Thank You to kent_autistic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Just to let everyone know I have updated the Requests section of the Compatibility Wiki ...

Due to the volume of keyset requests the 'Requests Section' has now been updated.
Completed requests will be moved to the Completed Section when added to the latest version.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Pierogi_Device..._List#Requests

This is to make it easier to find/request keysets on the wiki page and to easily locate the uncompleted keysets.
Please continue to add your requests to the "New Request" section.

Also if you find a device that works correctly with a Keyset, feel free to add it to the Compatible Devices section.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Pierogi_Device...atible_Devices

Copernicus has also updated the links on the first post of this thread.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marpsoft View Post
Mediasat Satelite Decoder (many times rebranded, is it Philips?).

Remote Control Philips rc8244

Had no succes with current Philips SAT keysets but this piece of crap is hard to use even with oryginal remote controls.
After looking around a bit, I've just realized that I've already got an LIRC config file for the RC8244. It is an RC5 protocol remote, and I've got its codes entered into Philips Sat Keyset 3. I double-checked the values, and I think I entered everything correctly. I'm not sure why it isn't able to drive the receiver...

Another update is on its way up to extras-devel. I'm still kind of in the middle of a set of infrastructure changes I'd like to make to Pierogi, but I've reached a fairly convenient spot to pause and take stock. The only fairly obvious change this time is the addition of a new Preferences menu option; so far, the only preference available is the ability to swap the volume and channel buttons on the main panel.

I'm trying to make sure that Pierogi remembers all your settings between sessions (such as your panel choices), so hopefully you don't need to keep hitting the same options every time you run the program. I'm not 100% sure I've covered everything yet, I'm still working on it.

In keyset news, I've finally provided keysets for all six versions of the DirecTV protocol; with luck, Pierogi should now be able to work with all the current DirecTV receivers. Also, I've made a first pass at keysets for BenQ, Octagon, and Xcruiser.

As always, with anything you retrieve from extra-devel, be warned that this is potentially bug-ridden code! Be cautious in how you use it...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
After looking around a bit, I've just realized that I've already got an LIRC config file for the RC8244. It is an RC5 protocol remote, and I've got its codes entered into Philips Sat Keyset 3. I double-checked the values, and I think I entered everything correctly. I'm not sure why it isn't able to drive the receiver...
I will be able to check it one more time next week and will report it asap.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Volume on the left!! Thank you. Saving panels as well!
All working great.

Although should...
Reverse orientation of volume and control buttons
...not say...
Reverse orientation of volume and channel buttons
?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control