Closed Thread
I think to pull off portrait keyboards (based on analysis of a few binaries and on looking at the source code for ukeyboard and ukbdcreator) we would need:
Cloned header files for libimlayouts.so.0 (library used to read the keyboard layout files)
Complete clone of libhildon-im-vkbrenderer.so.3 and vkbrenderer.so (the rendering logic for the virtual keyboard)
Probably clones of other libraries.
A complete new set of portrait keyboard layouts that properly encode the keys so that the code knows which row the keys go on (the layout files contain row information in their data)

So in short its going to be very difficult to pull off.

EDIT: looks like vkbrenderer.so is a symlink to libhildon-im-vkbrenderer.so.3. Doesnt make reverse engineering it any easier though

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
I have decided to take another look at the virtual keyboard rendering stuff if someone can tell me which packages would need cloning. I THINK libhildon-im-vkbrenderer3 is the one we need but I dont know if we need others also.
can u clone N9's keyboard..?? and can anybody work on image gallery??

Last edited by visN900; 2011-11-07 at 05:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
so yeah if I had header files for libimlayouts and for libhildon-im-vkbrenderer, I could clone this stuff no problems. But I dont

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
so yeah if I had header files for libimlayouts and for libhildon-im-vkbrenderer, I could clone this stuff no problems. But I dont
can v request that to the N9 users??? will that help?.

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Swipe (or swype) on n900 vkb, please?

speaking of swipe N900 doesnt have proper portrait buttons in brower.. it would be cool if v have swipe feature enabled in it.. so summing all up i ask the CSSU the following
1.proper portrait keyboard
2.720p patch
3. swipe in browser(portrait or through out if possible)
4.proper image gallery

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
speaking of swipe N900 doesnt have proper portrait buttons in brower.. it would be cool if v have swipe feature enabled in it.. so summing all up i ask the CSSU the following
2.720p patch
4.proper image gallery
Gee, you're not asking for much

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
2.720p patch
4.proper image gallery
LOL demanding! good shouts though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imacmillan For This Useful Post:
Hi,
I recently Installed CSSU to my N900 and starting using it, I was amazed by the work done , so I thank everyone participated in this.

I wanted to report a bug so i started reading all the threads first so that I don't replicate , but it is really very time consuming to read all the threads regarding CSSU Q&A , I will just report it hoping I don't waste someone's time

When i receive a call , and the desktop is in landscape mode the "Reject" button disappears (out of screen borders at the down side)leaving only "Answer" button in the screen with a width occupying the whole area, and if i turned the mobile to portrait mode then landscape mode again everything returns to normal and both buttons appears again adjacent to each other.

btw ,I am using goldrush theme .

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sakr85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
What font are you using?
I faced this only when using some "big" font.

The Following User Says Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade