Absolutely love how customizeable the screens are. Strangely, a lot of the home screens are similarly blocked lol

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
iStyle theme-serie is coming soon
Just a sneak peak of what's coming.
Attached Images

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Can we have Elisabeth's phone number?

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
iStyle Black released:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=52298

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
iStyle Black released:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=52298

Really smart D-livil, I really like your minimalist themes I wonder, though, have you considered making a more feminine theme for us N900 ladies out there ? This iStyle I think would be beautiful in White with blue writing and grey to dark grey shading, sort of chic and slick if you know what i mean pleaaaaase consider ?

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Hi guys, I know this probably isn't the best place to ask, but how do I add the reboot button in the status area (I've seen it in a screenshot on one of the first pages)?

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
i want to share my wallpapers too... i found it in the web...
Attached Images

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by giecsar View Post
Hi guys, I know this probably isn't the best place to ask, but how do I add the reboot button in the status area (I've seen it in a screenshot on one of the first pages)?
Since this is a screenshot thread, I find it best to stay on the original format.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
You should mention the well-known source: http://www.n900wallpapers.com

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by giecsar View Post
taken from another post by f2thak

All you need to do is to edit one config file and "uncomment" its part responsible for showing the button, disabled by default.

In order to do this, you will to:

* Download and install rootsh from the Extras repository, which will give you root access in the X-Terminal
* Download and install Midnight Commander, the well known file manager which also contains a convenient text editor.

Now the actual modification:

Launch X-Terminal
* type sudo gainroot to enable root access
* type mc to launch Midnight Commander
* in the Midnight Commander, using the keyboard arrows, browse to the /etc/systemui/ folder and select the systemui.xml file
* make a copy of that file, just in case that you do something wrong, so that you can simply restore its original version anytime
* tap the 4 Edit button (at the bottom) to open the text editor
* at the bottom of the file you will notice that part of it (consisting of three ... entries) is disabled within the "comment" marks (starting ).
* move the "comment" marks mentioned above "<!--" (e.g. by deleting and re-typing them in other place) so that the two remaining entries ("Soft poweroff" and "Top in XTerm") are still within them but the "Reboot" entry gets outside of them
* tap 10 Quit button at the bottom of the editor and confirm in the requester that you want to save the file (if you don't see the 10 Quit button you may need to change the X-Terminal font size to 10)
* exit Midnight Commander, close X-Terminal and reboot the device
* after the N900 reboots, you should see the new "Reboot" option in the Menu.

When using the X-Terminal with root access enabled, be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS! Root access enables you to modify (and thus also DAMAGE) all system files, which can even result in BRICKING the device. If you don't know what you are doing, better don't do it.

Last edited by afaq; 2010-05-10 at 11:13.

Tags
desktop, epic thread, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, picture, pictures, screenshot, screenshots, show and tell