Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ finland
Just so you know for statistics, order confirmation at 9.01am GMT on Nov 19th wasn't enough for a 32gb tablet. Refund waiting....

edit: Checked again, now it says "order pending". System is screwed up me thinks.

Last edited by wepjo; 2016-03-17 at 07:51.

A friend of mine had 'pending shipment' on his order status, but chose a refund instead. Last night, two people on the telegram group saw their orders flip from refund to pending shipment. Maybe these two events are connected so if you don't want your tablet you may make someone else very happy if you cancel, and if you think you were close to getting one you should hang back on claiming your refund for a little while...

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Hello, i have follow information:

XXXXXXX Jolla Tablet for First Sailors PayPal Pending Shipment 209.00
XXXXXXX LastuCase for Jolla Tablet PayPal Pending Shipment 49.00

Remaining 0.00
Refund - First round - 50% 0.00
Refund - Second round - 50% 0.00

Status 'Pending Shipment' means that you are among the first contributors who will receive the tablet. You should have received, or will receive shortly, an invitation to finalise the order in our online shop.

---------

But i never receive any invitation... maybe because i pay with my old paypal email adress what is not anymore exist!?
Is there a standard invite link ?

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Yesterday after blog post looked like I was going to get refund even though I had paid taxes and confirmed my order already in last September. I heard that at least one status had changed from refund to 'Pending Shipment' so I checked myself also. Like @abranson said my order had flipped. And just now ½h ago I got the message from DHL saying my shipment is on its way.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Looking at the other "Shipment Pending" People and the Comments on the last blog post, it seems the invites are not sent yet. I have a similar status and also didn't receive any invite. I guess we have to be patient for a bit more....

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Originally Posted by abranson View Post
A friend of mine had 'pending shipment' on his order status, but chose a refund instead. ... so if you don't want your tablet you may make someone else very happy if you cancel, and if you think you were close to getting one you should hang back on claiming your refund for a little while...
So to wait for the tablet and then sell it, or to wait for refunds (half of which might not come at all).... I might prefer the first option.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Great.
Glad this embarrassing (yes I felt embarrassment when watching the hangar location "presenting you the Jolla tablet" video by Marc) chapter is coming to an elegant end: Jolla is not dead yet, plenty demo tablets are still around and Jolla does not need to support hem towards 10K+ users, hogging up their limited resources.

By this refund Jolla is providing me for funds to support them for future more sensible projects (port and support Sailfish on Fairphone, for example).
But I am not donating blindly without a clear goals roadmap towards the above.
I have been saying it for years.
Will gladly pay for license of Sailfish, what I save on not paying for future Windows.
Whatever happened to Sailfish Secure? (roadmap mid 2015)

Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
Yesterday after blog post looked like I was going to get refund even though I had paid taxes and confirmed my order already in last September. I heard that at least one status had changed from refund to 'Pending Shipment' so I checked myself also. Like @abranson said my order had flipped. And just now ½h ago I got the message from DHL saying my shipment is on its way.
I have a similar situation, except the store page still says "paid" and refund-page "pending shipment": No word from DHL.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by wepjo View Post
I have a similar situation, except the store page still says "paid" and refund-page "pending shipment": No word from DHL.
My store page also says "Paid". Hopefully DHL will send message soon for you.

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Whatever happened to Sailfish Secure? (roadmap mid 2015)
Soon(tm)?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund