Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
I couldn't sleep, so I might as well remind you guys that it's envious, not jealous… ok, shutting up now.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I finally got myself to fill in the refund form, worked well. I really envy you who got the tablet, I would have preferred that instead of the money back.

So after a short wrestling with myself I decided that I do not need the refund. Instead I now expect Jolla to get back on track. Maybe we see something wonderful after a short while. Like current early bird SFOS update finalized and released.

Last edited by Tsippaduida; 2016-03-19 at 12:40. Reason: Shortened.

does anyone know the exqct situation with lastsucase? have they been paid?

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
I did wonder how this was going to play out, given that there are only a limited number of tablets to be delivered.

What would be more fair, shipping as many people as possible only one tablet (regardless of order) or shipping only to the earliest contributors even if someone ordered 5 tablets?
Yeah I also wondered. It would have been sad for my brother if he wouldn't have got tablet just because I said: "I have IGG account, give me cash and I will contribute also for you."

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
Doesn't look good
https://twitter.com/Lastucase/status/708336106870276096

Lastucase ‏@Lastucase

We are happy that Jolla "survived". But why they had to leave other companies (like us) to their Dead Valley?
#disappointed #jolla @JollaHQ
OddBall ‏@OddBall__ Mar 11

@Lastucase @JollaHQ So the tablet cases are still unpaid?
Lastucase ‏@Lastucase Mar 11

@OddBall__ @JollaHQ
Greetings from the Dead Valley.

My understanding is that if they pay Lastucase the full amount(or maybe anything) then they might be breaking the law(because they would be favoring them over others) because they are trying to get debt restructuring. Well if they paid all other debts also I guess it would be ok. I might be wrong but that is my guess.

Last edited by MisterMaster; 2016-03-19 at 15:38.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
eekkelund posted the tweet; I've told many people to support Lastucase directly and order from them. Great people, awesome customer service.

Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
My understanding is that if they pay Lastucase the full amount(or maybe anything) then they might be breaking the law(because they would be favoring them over others) because they are trying to get debt restructuring. Well if they paid all other debts also I guess it would be ok. I might be wrong but that is my guess.
AFAIK they have not been paid, there was quite bitter tweet about it when Jolla secured bridge funding. I suppose it was big order for lastu so it's no wonder if this snag makes it very difficult for them. Now that Jolla has exited the restructuring, there is likely to be some kind of agreement about payments, but still, such thi gs are not easy for small compabies like Lastu. So I too encourage people to support them.

Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
So I too encourage people to support them.
The walnut tablet case is nice, but I've ordered a birch one with the new Sailfish logo on which I'm looking forward to getting. There's also kelo wood, and you can choose your own logo and text.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Would it be possible for jolla to take this scam to the next level and build a new board but with the same case/design?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund