Active Topics

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
The latest Testing update was as flawless as every other CSSU update I ever did. The CSSU has in my experience always been rock solid. It just sucks to be some people, I guess. Especially those who can't follow instructions.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
same problem here and I can't move the ke-recv file

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
The latest Testing update was as flawless as every other CSSU update I ever did. The CSSU has in my experience always been rock solid. It just sucks to be some people, I guess. Especially those who can't follow instructions.
Did you reboot after the upgrade?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Did you reboot after the upgrade?
He probaly did, so you should do it too.

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigamijim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by StocChr View Post
ok, i did

chmod +rwx /etc/init.d/ke-recv

and after an reboot mydocs appears

it is very strange, that reinstall ke-recv don't create the ke-recv file!?
same situation here - no /etc/init.d/ke-recv. Had to unpack it *manually*.

As people that updated directly to working version doesn't seem to have issues, problem may affect only devices where broken CSSU was installed, then fixed manually as per Pali's instructions, then, updated to latest, fixed CSSU. (all without reboot in-between, I've rebooted only after last update). At least, that was my case.

For some strange reasons, installing/uninstallin/reinstalling ke-recv package doesn't create /etc/init.d/ke-recv. Bug in version 15, or what?

BTW, is:
Code:
...giving proper permissions to ke-recv, or should they look different? I would like to avoid further problems...

In any way, would be happy to help in debugging issue. It seem, that it's *not* "just suck to be some people" (miserable quote from someone in this thread), but problem is real, although manifest itself only in certain, specific conditions.

/Estel

// Edit
ke-recv_3.19-14_armel.deb also doesn't help with this issue - no matter what, ke-recv must be unpacked manually, so it's not ke-recv_3.19-15_armel.deb fault. WTF?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-04-08 at 13:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
same situation here - no /etc/init.d/ke-recv. Had to unpack it *manually*.

As people that updated directly to working version doesn't seem to have issues, problem may affect only devices where broken CSSU was installed, then fixed manually as per Pali's instructions, then, updated to latest, fixed CSSU. (all without reboot in-between, I've rebooted only after last update). At least, that was my case.

For some strange reasons, installing/uninstallin/reinstalling ke-recv package doesn't create /etc/init.d/ke-recv. Bug in version 15, or what?

BTW, is:
Code:
...giving proper permissions to ke-recv, or should they look different? I would like to avoid further problems...

In any way, would be happy to help in debugging issue. It seem, that it's *not* "just suck to be some people" (miserable quote from someone in this thread), but problem is real, although manifest itself only in certain, specific conditions.

/Estel

// Edit
ke-recv_3.19-14_armel.deb also doesn't help with this issue - no matter what, ke-recv must be unpacked manually, so it's not ke-recv_3.19-15_armel.deb fault. WTF?
I also did exactly like this "problem may affect only devices where broken CSSU was installed, then fixed manually as per Pali's instructions, then, updated to latest, fixed CSSU. (all without reboot in-between, I've rebooted only after last update)"
when i when i goto /etc/init.d/ and type ls k* i can see ke-recv

////edit: i followed "merlin1991" instruction!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
I tried both Pali's isntructions, and later, upgraded to latest CSSU as per merlin's.

BTW, I'll answer myself - yes, chmod +rwx gives proper permissions to ke-recv. In fact, this step isn't needed when fixing manually - after dpkg-deb ke-recv_3.19-15_armel.deb, ke-recv have good permissions, so moving/copy'ing it is enough. Unless someone unpacked it to VFAT...

Still, I don't know WTF - why it's affecting some people only?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

I updated straight to to the working version and didn't first have any problems with MyDocs, only that my SD card's ext2 partition was not recognized. I usually have it automounted with this
http://wiki.maemo.org/Ext2_on_microSD_card

So I run these commands

Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
Everyone who already updated to the broken version should run (as root)
Code:
rm -f /etc/init.d/ke-recv
apt-get update
apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr
dsmetool -b
CSSU was already the latest version so I run --reinstall mp-fremantle-community-pr

And now after reboot I'm missing the ke-recv file and now both Mydocs and the SD card's ext2 partition is missing.
Reinstalling ke-recv or installing http://cdnm.at/~christian/maemo/ke-r...9-14_armel.deb didn't work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awroax For This Useful Post:
can someone create a md5sum for the /etc/init.d/ke-recv please? I copied one from another n900 pre 3.1 cssu and reinstalled ke-recv. Now I have:

f2a5b084122e40da19f8223505ca4434 /etc/init.d/ke-recv

Is this the actual version?

The Following User Says Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by awroax View Post
I updated straight to to the working version and didn't first have any problems with MyDocs, only that my SD card's ext2 partition was not recognized. I usually have it automounted with this
http://wiki.maemo.org/Ext2_on_microSD_card

So I run these commands

CSSU was already the latest version so I run --reinstall mp-fremantle-community-pr

And now after reboot I'm missing the ke-recv file and now both Mydocs and the SD card's ext2 partition is missing.
Reinstalling ke-recv or installing http://cdnm.at/~christian/maemo/ke-r...9-14_armel.deb didn't work.
I think I have the same problem like yours. Tried as instructed, it said it's the most updated version, reboot, problem still there..

The Following User Says Thank You to papillon For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing