Active Topics

Originally Posted by dolphins View Post
So far it seems that sellers in Europe carry the Finnish models. For instance Amazon.de is definitely a good source and they even ship to US but the price is high right now. Similarly, there's Expansys stores (expansys-usa.com) also has them for a high price.

Here on Amazon.com has it for us through 3rd party sellers but I can't get in contact with them to ask for the make. Also notice how the price went down to $750 from ~$850 within a week! So give it some more time.

Also with the issues that people are having even with pr1.1, it might be better to wait for the next batch of production which will likely come with pr1.1 and hopefully 1.2 if they release it soon enough.
Very helpful, thanks. If I may? Where does Nokia stand on grey market warranty?

Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
can onyone confirm it http://www.superbuy.my/shop/p-86558-...4gb-black.aspx
i have one from here in the mail. will update when arrives.

Originally Posted by bmstrong View Post
Very helpful, thanks. If I may? Where does Nokia stand on grey market warranty?
I'm sure they don't mind. As long as your device is covered, it's fine. For N9 it might generally be a problem since you couldn't just ring Nokia USA (or any other country where it isn't officially sold) and ask for support.
I would personally explore the device hardware well as soon as it arrives so if there's any fault you can avoid warranty altogether and ask for a new unit. As for software, we're all likely to run into something but at least it can be fixed.

Now here's a cool way to get discount in Amazon and fast shipping:
-open amazon account
-apply for Amazon Visa Rewards (earns you 3% cash back in form of points in your amazon account)
-as soon as you're approved (which is very fast) you get $30 gift card in your amazon account
-buy an N9 (let's say for $800) from any of the sellers with the Amazon Rewards Visa you were just approved
-choose 2 day shipping from your Prime free month trial
-by doing so you earn 3x$800=2400 points = $24 back in your account
-what you actually paid: 800-30-24=$746 and you get free fast shipping
-cancel your Prime trial before month is up (or keep it if you like the service)

Got a 64Gb black in amazon.de, ordered on Monday, arrived on Friday. Made in Finland, maybe a Finnish device so went straight for the OTA update (it's important that the date and time is correct for this to work properly :-) ).
I paid: EUR 637,68 including delivery to the UK, but I understand that price fluctuates a lot. Maybe amazon.de is one of those sites to keep refreshing if, like me, you really really want one.

For those interested, so far the device has been fantastic, haven't had time to play properly with it though. One thing I discovered is that if you use the silicone case the camera flash doesn't work as it's meant to do (read: it's less bright as the silicon case's hole blocks the flash slightly), maybe that hole needs to be manually enlarged. Not a massive issue, but I'd like to use it as a portable camera [and get rid of mine], you know, less things to carry around.

Last edited by ggabriel; 2011-11-12 at 12:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Nokia N9 16 gb version available in Pakistan for Rs. 53100 which will be almost 617 US $.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
www.handtec.co.uk have 64gb back in stock @ £557.99...

The Following User Says Thank You to moepda For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dolphins View Post
Wow
I checked amazon.de once when as you say the price for 64GB was very high and never bothered again.
So did you send your order through before price went up? And yes please let us know what country variant, made in __, etc.
I've received my black 64GB from amazon.de today - only 4 days from order to delivery, quite happy with that.

It's made in Finland. Version 10.2011.34-1_PR_001. Manuals in English and German, and AC plug is a Europlug. I've literally just received it, so I'll report back once I've tested it with SIM and data connection.

Still about Amazon - turns out they don't always show the best price on the main product page. Make sure you check the "new from ***€" link, as that's where you'll find the Amazon version at 604€.

Total cost with deliver to Ireland was 622.66€, which is quite reasonable, considering the prices of other vendors.

Originally Posted by moepda View Post
www.handtec.co.uk have 64gb back in stock @ £557.99...
Is this currently the best price in UK. Simply Electronics are cheaper but Handtec won't match the price

The Following User Says Thank You to Zahed For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zahed View Post
Is this currently the best price in UK. Simply Electronics are cheaper but Handtec won't match the price
I haven't seen any cheaper yet, but looks like Expansys and Mobile Fun are now selling the 16Gb version so I'm going to hold fire until the end of the month when they might have got some 64Gb in too. Seems like a good price though - only 40quid more for the extra 48Gb.

I bought my Black 64GB in Belgrade, Serbia for just a bit over 500€ in local currency. Great price.

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge