Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by dansus View Post
Just to confuse things more, the flagship stores are owned and run by Nokia themselves, not MPD.
To confuse even more - MPD is selling contracts within Nokia Flagship Store (in London, that is). ;)

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Just like a mcdonalds Franchise - i'd like a Mc900 with extra fries and a side order of Late delivery please
and fillet of E72 for my wife.

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by evad View Post
To confuse even more - MPD is selling contracts within Nokia Flagship Store (in London, that is).
Now that I wasn't aware of - I might pop down there after work and see what they are doing..

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
To confuse even more - MPD is selling contracts within Nokia Flagship Store (in London, that is).
Ok, so clear something up for me please? If I pre ordered a contract in the flagship store, am I waiting for Nokia stock? Or MPD stock?

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by ShadowLFC View Post
Ok, so clear something up for me please? If I pre ordered a contract in the flagship store, am I waiting for Nokia stock? Or MPD stock?
MPD stock, however I strongly believe that since MPD and Nokia are cooperating so close lately, MPD stock is more or less the same as Nokia stock.

How it is for real? Time will tell.

The Following User Says Thank You to evad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
MPD stock, however I strongly believe that since MPD and Nokia are cooperating so close lately, MPD stock is more or less the same as Nokia stock.

Oh nuts, I was hoping you weren't gonna say that.

First and last time I ever pre order a Nokia. I'm hoping my old dusty N95 8GB has a couple of weeks life left

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Webshop Customer Help says:
hello?
Waleed says:
yea sorry
Waleed says:
i thought u didnt reply
Waleed says:
i placed an preorder yesterday
Waleed says:
for n900
Waleed says:
my friend placed one last month he still hasnt got the money of his account .. but i got mine straight away..
Waleed says:
does that mean you're gonna dispatch it soon?
the date of delivery is first week of december, we are getting them in late this month
Waleed says:
ok why did they get money of my account now?
its now actually taken until we despatch, the bank shadow that amount until we take it!
Waleed says:
how late would i get it once its in stock
Waleed says:
my order number is 320463
we do not know until we get the phone and we will keep you updated via email then your order is complete - which reserves you a phone and then another email when its ready for despatch.
Waleed says:
oh alright then thanks for the info..

When MPD first got the N900 I watched it closely and planned on placing a preorder and I followed these forums. every time I visited MPD it seemed liked something was being removed from the deal until I eventually bit.
At the beginning:
1) Vodafone and Tmobile with £40 worth of free accessories. then
2) Vodafone and Tmobile (with no £40 voucher). then
3) Vodafone only. Vodafone PAYG at £392. then
4) Vodafone PAYG at £469.99.

I decided to preorder at stage 3. I thought I'd better preorder before they remove anything else (I can always cancel later) and so I have an order which is cheaper than its current price.

Problem is, I recently went to the London Flagship Nokia store and placed an order with a T-mobile contract too (the one I wanted before they removed it from MPD). My question now is should I cancel my previous order. Since I assume (please tell me if I assume wrong) the PAYG order is like buying an off-line N900 for £392. What makes me reluctant to cancel is that I once read a post here which said that the flagship store offers T-mobile branded N900s which are locked to them, anybody know if this is true? should I cancel my MPD order?

i have sent an e-mail to flagship store london last night to actually find out ifthey know anything about MPD stocking aswell as nokia.co.uk stocking and the reply is...

Hello,

We are still expecting it next week at the flagship store on Regent Street. It may be worth you contacting nokia.retail.com directly to confirm their expected delivery dates as we do not have that information at this store.

Best Regards,

Susie

i did actually post this on another topic for UK but I thought it might be good to share it on here aswell.
MPD is a advertising website for the actual nokiaretail so you are only redirected to nokiaretail when you try and buy from MPD. just to clear things up

Last edited by orig_nuttah; 2009-11-20 at 13:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to orig_nuttah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ShadowLFC View Post
You'll get the MPD stock mate.

I believe flagship stock = MPD stock, only NOS is sending them out at the moment.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:

Tags
£306!!