Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
Hey, in any of that tracking information that you guys with phones being shipped have...does it show where the package is coming from? Usually there's an entry in the log that will show where it was picked up from when originally received from the source.
Mine just says:
Location.....Date.......Local Time....... ... Description
US....... 11/23/2009....2:19 A.M......BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I was suspecting it was due to our location. I think today confirms it, does not seem like CA orders are being fulfilled. So the vendor theory kinda makes sense. Man talk about let down so close yet so far.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by de_gallux View Post
I just found out this forum and want to contribute the status of my order.

Ordered on Dell on 11/5 for the $442 deal using Paypal with expected delivery 12/10, no status change as of now. Btw, I live in Michigan
Welcome to the forum. You may want to update your order information here for some serious data mining.

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hihai411 View Post
I was suspecting it was due to our location. I think today confirms it, does not seem like CA orders are being fulfilled. So the vendor theory kinda makes sense. Man talk about let down so close yet so far.
I am in VA. Has fudge all to do with location. Its just pure out and out BS and crap. no logic - first orders should be the first ones ****ing fulfilled regardless of goddamn location
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

I'm also in VA and I haven't received any shipping notification.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Gilbert, AZ, USA
for overnight, i agree. for ground, i'd much rather my order ship tomorrow from a CA warehouse than today from a TN warehouse, even if today the TN has stock and CA doesn't....

I just got an email from Dell that states:

"How are you doing today? This is in regards to the status of the order# *********. I got an update from the vendor and they anticipate the stocks to be recovered by November 30th. Please let me know if you need additional assistance."

This is becoming cruel. BTW I ordered for the second time on 11/20/2009 with an estimated delivery date of 2/23/2010 (the original delivery date for the first one that was canceled was 11/23/2009), with next day shipping.

Why is everybody getting ticked a Dell? Think about it.

We have been told by several sources that the N900 will be drop shipped by Nokia.

Dell sends the orders to Nokia as they come in.
Nokia fulfills the orders.

Most likely, Nokia sent bulk deliveries to the carriers who are filling the orders based on their own shipping logistics.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Just got an update with UPS tracking number. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I am an Excel and data / pivot table king, but can not see any common link other than no devices shipped to the coastal states...?

People that:

1. Did or did not get the discount are getting them
2. People that ordered earlier and later are
3. Different states are and are not
4. Differnet payment methods
5. Different shipping methods

The only other issue is if one hub is supplying a wide range of states.... Has anyone on the east or west coast states gotten order confirmations yet?

Originally Posted by Novurania View Post
Why is everybody getting ticked a Dell? Think about it.

We have been told by several sources that the N900 will be drop shipped by Nokia.

Dell sends the orders to Nokia as they come in.
Nokia fulfills the orders.

Most likely, Nokia sent bulk deliveries to the carriers who are filling the orders based on their own shipping logistics.
We are pissed because the whole premise of preordering is that you will receive yours before people who placed their order AFTER yours and this isn't happening.

Tags
back away, extract the 'n' key, from the keyboard