Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
but all else failed and those were the steps that got me out of trouble
DocScrutinizer suspects a "lil boy kicks power pylon, and same moment NY goes blackout 1)"^-1 effect here.
Shooting with
Code:
cat /dev/random | tee solution >>$problem
at the problem, stop when you notice it seems to work and do
Code:
tail problem|netcat paste.dyndns.org 1234
IOW there for sure was a better solution that hasn't same potential to get you into other trouble later on, just you haven't tested it (the right way)

On a more specific remark, theapt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr cmd merlin1991 recommends is probably exactly the complete subset of apt-get upgrade that's needed to achieve same result, just without possible nasty side effects.

/j

1)the little boy got scared for the rest of his life

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2012-04-08 at 22:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
For some strange reasons, installing/uninstallin/reinstalling ke-recv package doesn't create /etc/init.d/ke-recv. Bug in version 15, or what?
It's the way maemo handles debian conffiles, by not overwriting existing ones.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
Okay to clear this once and for all, here is the official cssu way™ to recover from this situation:

If you're still on cssu <= 2.1 (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo2.1) just update to 3.1 nothing bad will happen

If you're still on cssu 3 (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo3) run as root:
Code:
rm /etc/init.d/ke-recv
apt-get update
apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr
dsmetool -b
If you're on cssu 3.1 (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo3.1) and still experience the problems (thus had version 3 installed before) run this as root:
Code:
rm /etc/init.d/ke-recv
apt-get install --reinstall ke-recv
dsmetool -b
If you experience the problems even after following the above advice, please join #maemo-ssu on freenode and ping me

thank you very much!

you also fix this problem for me

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...77#post1189877

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
For some strange reasons, installing/uninstallin/reinstalling ke-recv package doesn't create /etc/init.d/ke-recv. Bug in version 15, or what?

It's the way maemo handles debian conffiles, by not overwriting existing ones.
Well, if the conffile-property is the problem, then a apt-get purge should fix it.

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
after update i have only 350mb left in my internal memory....!! i haven't installed any apps except some essentials like mplayer,sib,simple brightness app etc.. can anyone tell me how can i free my internal???

Okay to clear this once and for all, here is the official cssu way™ to recover from this situation:

If you're still on cssu <= 2.1 (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo2.1) just update to 3.1 nothing bad will happen

If you're still on cssu 3 (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo3) run as root:
Code:
rm /etc/init.d/ke-recv
apt-get update
apt-get install mp-fremantle-community-pr
dsmetool -b
If you're on cssu 3.1 (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo3.1) and still experience the problems (thus had version 3 installed before) run this as root:
Code:
rm /etc/init.d/ke-recv
dsmetool -b
If you experience the problems even after following the above advice, please join #maemo-ssu on freenode and ping me

I was the last case and it worked for me! Thanks!!!

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Australia

Code:
rm /etc/init.d/ke-recv
dsmetool -b
Hi all,
I too am experiencing this problem. Neither mydocs or external memory card are mounting. I have tried the above solution, but to no avail.

If i type
Code:
 ls /etc/init.d/
there is no file called ke-recv there.

Can anyone provide any advice on a way forward. It is worth noting that as far as I know, there are no errors being reported when I execute the commands recommended by merlin1991.

Thanks in advance,

Justin.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
i upgraded today all wen't fine no problems showig 1.76gb internal mem free rootfs 78mb used/227mb free.all my internal and external mem card's are there and all seems to be working well keep up the great work does anyone know how to change the wallpaper for the lockscreen?.

Last edited by jutley; 2012-04-09 at 10:24.

Had the same problem with drives not being mounted, thanks to @merlin1991 for fix all working for me

Has anyone else has a problem playing videos that have been made by N900? I now get "Unable to play media. Media format not supported" sometimes it plays the first few seconds then shows that message.

I am running PR 1.3, CSSU, Power Kernel v50 - starving

Not sure what the cause of the problem is, I didn't have the problem before the CSSU update, but not sure if that is a considence.

I tried installing decoders-support, still had the problem, tried removing it again. Done the usual apt-get check, autoremove.

Now stuck, not sure if a CSSU update related issue

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2012 @ PARIS France
Hello,
Similar problems with memory and the SD card. Nothing works with memory for photos, videos, music. More access to the file manager either. Will you give us an update to correct these problems the last update 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo3.1.
Thank you for your help.
Pierre0361

The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre0361 For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing