Notices

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
I've decided to ditch autodisconnect, and have gone for a much easier option. 2 desktop widgets using desktop widget execution:

- 1 to switch between GSM and 3G
- 1 to disconnect the internet connection.

Much easier, and works without faults.

Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
figured it out disabled the switch and now it works... my 2.5 speed on tmobile is good enough. i manually switch to 3g if i want. this is really cool app thanks.
So is Dual Mode Switching not working for anyone? I'm also having problems with it, as the application asking for the internet connection times out and then asks for a new connection, before the mode has been switched.

On another point, is there a way to tell the N900 to not automatically connect to an APN that you don't want it to, but is saved, such as MMS -- the MMS connection keeps getting preferred for me, and consequently I cannot access the internet until I manually switch APNs.

Thank you.

Otherwise, a really great, battery saving application, it makes a huge difference. Thanks.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ sofia, bulgaria
So is Dual Mode Switching not working for anyone?
I have pretty stable 2g/3g mode switching with autodisconnect. In the beginning I had timeouts from time to time, but recently (4-5 months), it works like a charm.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
I've decided to ditch autodisconnect, and have gone for a much easier option. 2 desktop widgets using desktop widget execution:

- 1 to switch between GSM and 3G
- 1 to disconnect the internet connection.

Much easier, and works without faults.
Hi Storm,
Could you please elaborate in noobsteps how u did that?

Not sure if any updates being done to this software but is there anyway we could get an extension on the time allowed attempting a connection? perhaps so we could input the number of seconds? sometimes my phone takes ages to connect, due to the bad network coverage.

hi calvin, nice application. but i'm facing some problem from past few days. instead of auto disconnecting idle gprs connection its making new connection when i'm not using any gprs. if u can explain how it works, that would be helpful.

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Not sure if any updates being done to this software but is there anyway we could get an extension on the time allowed attempting a connection? perhaps so we could input the number of seconds? sometimes my phone takes ages to connect, due to the bad network coverage.
This would be a nice thing to know. Autodisconnect for GPRS is pretty much useless because timeout for attempting a connection occurs before mode is switched from 2g to 3g and the phone just says network is not available..

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Does anybody know hnow to kill AutoDisconnect, so that everythimg comes back to normal? I didn't figure out what the process that manages it is.
After some days of use or I don't know what (the hell), its behaviour becomes weird and I tried everything coming to my mind to restart it's behaviour. Restarting the device works, but I'm trying to find another solution.

Thanks in advance.

Great app, but for some reason the 3G/Dual switch does not work for me any more
When I connect to the Internet my N900 will use whatever network it was connected to already. If it was on 2G it will remain in 2G mode and not switch to 3G. When I manually switch to 3G, connect to the Internet and close the connection again, my phone will remain on 3G instead of switching to 2G.
Any suggestions on why this is happening and how I can fix it? AutoDisconnect had been working for me for a long time without any problems. I already tried re-installing but the settings are obviously kept on the phone after un-installing the application ...

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I have the same usage pattern (use 2G all the time and change to 3G for web browsing) although I haven't tried Autodisconnect for that. I do it manually with 2G/3G status menu and ConnectNow widget.

I have raised a feature request to ConnectNow widget developer, anyway will try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post: