Posts: 67 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nu1st Street, Iron Triange, Richmond, CA
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Updated throu NSU with Titan Kernel, working sofar.
Hi - I have a quick question. I am not a power user but I do update via terminal on my n900. I also have Titan installed. I assume I have updated to 1.3 because I no longer get prompts for me to update to Maemo 5. Should I have uninstalled titan before the Maemo 5 update? thx

1.3 is not showing in app manager
im on voda uk and on the voda website it says its should be there!
any help appreciated cheers

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Kevstacey View Post
1.3 is not showing in app manager
im on voda uk and on the voda website it says its should be there!
any help appreciated cheers
Please read one of the (numerous) threads on this. It hasn't been released in the UK yet.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Please read one of the (numerous) threads on this. It hasn't been released in the UK yet.

not according to vodafone

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/77...boot-to-meego/

plus one of my pals is on voda uk and installed 1.3 fine via ota update

not according to vodafone

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/77...boot-to-meego/
There's nothing on there that indicates it's out yet, it's mostly people complaining about the delay.

plus one of my pals is on voda uk and installed 1.3 fine via ota update
Then they're using the global firmware - either they've reflashed previously, or they were issued with a phone with the global firmware instead of the Vodafone firmware (I've seen one or two people reporting this previously).

How can I roll back to 1.2? I see no impovements and my calendar doesn't work anymore so I'd really like to go bazck to 1.2.

Originally Posted by tsa View Post
How can I roll back to 1.2? I see no impovements and my calendar doesn't work anymore so I'd really like to go bazck to 1.2.
You need to reflash to get back to PR1.2. Note that an increasing number of applications won't install on PR1.2 though, so if you're going to reflash anyway then I'd try reflashing PR1.3 first and see whether that fixes your issues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You need to reflash to get back to PR1.2. Note that an increasing number of applications won't install on PR1.2 though, so if you're going to reflash anyway then I'd try reflashing PR1.3 first and see whether that fixes your issues.
Thank you. But how do I reflash? The thing is, apart from the calendar I don't see any difference with 1.2. And the calendar problem is something other people have too, so maybe I can just reinstall the calendar?

Originally Posted by tsa View Post
Thank you. But how do I reflash?
See if you can't get started with the info here.

The thing is, apart from the calendar I don't see any difference with 1.2.
The changes are mostly invisible but definitely there. I've noticed a drastic improvement in responsiveness and performance since the update.

And the calendar problem is something other people have too, so maybe I can just reinstall the calendar?
Worth a shot, I suppose. You'll need to have root access and do the following on the console:

# apt-get install calendar --reinstall

If that doesn't work you could go one step farther and:

# apt-get remove calendar
# apt-get install calendar

which will remove a metapackage (no real impact) and calendar, then run the previous install line minus the --reinstall parameter. Anyone see any problems?

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
O, that's nice, I'll try to reinstall the calendar, thanks!