Notices

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by iKneaDough View Post
Is the one in the Maemo repos also going to be updated soon?
I lost my maemo scratchbox environment so the maemo repos version will take a little time. If it takes too much time I'll just make a binary deb and post it here.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
I've finally fixed my scratchbox, so:

New build!!!
Maemo: from the repositories.
Meego, Symbian, Windows, Linux (x86 and x64): qgvdial project downloads page on Google code.

This build fixes the latest changes in the login sequence that happened about 2 days ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
I've finally fixed my scratchbox, so:

New build!!!
Maemo: from the repositories.
Meego, Symbian, Windows, Linux (x86 and x64): qgvdial project downloads page on Google code.

This build fixes the latest changes in the login sequence that happened about 2 days ago.
That's great news!!! What's the latest version, I still see the one on Google code was uploaded on Aug 31.

On a side note, I've been having issues with loading contacts, my qgvdial say it has successfully imported the contacts but when I switch to contacts tab, I see a bunch of "blanks". When I tap on any of the rows, the screen doesn't show any contact info - name, number, photo, etc. - nothing shows!

I was wondering if there's a way to delete old qgvdial files after uninstalling it... if there's a way to clean up anything leftover from an old install?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bharateeyudu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bharateeyudu View Post
That's great news!!! What's the latest version, I still see the one on Google code was uploaded on Aug 31.

On a side note, I've been having issues with loading contacts, my qgvdial say it has successfully imported the contacts but when I switch to contacts tab, I see a bunch of "blanks". When I tap on any of the rows, the screen doesn't show any contact info - name, number, photo, etc. - nothing shows!

I was wondering if there's a way to delete old qgvdial files after uninstalling it... if there's a way to clean up anything leftover from an old install?
Sorry about that: The upload script bombed and I didn't realize until I saw your comment.
Builds are really uploaded now.

For the contacts problem, try this:
Pull down the contacts list to show the refresh button. Then press and hold the button. This will force a full contact refresh: it will delete the local cache and fetch everything from the Google servers.

If that doesn't help, press and hold the close button to quit qgvdial, then delete the /home/user/.qgvdial folder.
You will need to enter your credentials once again, because this method is a more drastic version of deleting the local cache.

Something's a tad wrong with the build in the Maemo repository:

Fremantle Extras-devel free armel qgvdial 0.3.1229-1
Fremantle Extras-devel free i386 qgvdial 0.3.1368-1

(Apparently the new package was compiled for the scratchbox environment but not for an actual phone?)

Edit: Nevermind that - there might be something wrong with the repository system itself. Apt-get is picking up the older version, and the page for qgvdial is for the older version, but there is a package for the newer version for armel which isn't listed. Very strange.

Edit 2: That package also has a size of 0 bytes, although it said something about "build succeeded". Hmm...

Last edited by aeon_light; 2013-09-30 at 02:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to aeon_light For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aeon_light View Post
Something's a tad wrong with the build in the Maemo repository:

Fremantle Extras-devel free armel qgvdial 0.3.1229-1
Fremantle Extras-devel free i386 qgvdial 0.3.1368-1

(Apparently the new package was compiled for the scratchbox environment but not for an actual phone?)

Edit: Nevermind that - there might be something wrong with the repository system itself. Apt-get is picking up the older version, and the page for qgvdial is for the older version, but there is a package for the newer version for armel which isn't listed. Very strange.

Edit 2: That package also has a size of 0 bytes, although it said something about "build succeeded". Hmm...
Very strange. Anyone else seeing this?

Maybe I should kick off another build...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Sorry about that: The upload script bombed and I didn't realize until I saw your comment.
Builds are really uploaded now.

For the contacts problem, try this:
Pull down the contacts list to show the refresh button. Then press and hold the button. This will force a full contact refresh: it will delete the local cache and fetch everything from the Google servers.

If that doesn't help, press and hold the close button to quit qgvdial, then delete the /home/user/.qgvdial folder.
You will need to enter your credentials once again, because this method is a more drastic version of deleting the local cache.
Thank you! I tried both, deleted the /home/user/.qgvdial folder, uninstalled qgvdial and reinstalled it... and after logging in I still have the same problem with the contacts tab. It appears like it has loaded the contacts, but there is NO text or any details, just blank entries...

Thank you! I tried both, deleted the /home/user/.qgvdial folder, uninstalled qgvdial and reinstalled it... and after logging in I still have the same problem with the contacts tab. It appears like it has loaded the contacts, but there is NO text or any details, just blank entries...
If you swipe up (scroll down) the contacts list, do you see any entries at all?
It is possible that there are a bunch of contacts that dont have a title.
Can you check your Google Contacts (at https://www.google.com/contacts/) to see if there are a lot of contacts that have no name?

I'd like to see your logs but I'm the process of upgrading my logs collection framework.

Can you send me the logs in /home/user/.qgvdial please?
Send them to yuvraajREMOVETHIS at gmail.com

Thanks

If you swipe up (scroll down) the contacts list, do you see any entries at all?
It is possible that there are a bunch of contacts that dont have a title.
Can you check your Google Contacts (at https://www.google.com/contacts/) to see if there are a lot of contacts that have no name?

I'd like to see your logs but I'm the process of upgrading my logs collection framework.

Can you send me the logs in /home/user/.qgvdial please?
Send them to yuvraajREMOVETHIS at gmail.com

Thanks
That's it!!! I scrolled down a few pages and started seeing contacts... wow! This didn't happen before though. A couple of versions ago, qgvdial extracted "My Contacts" only, instead of all of them. Is that due to a change you made?

That's it!!! I scrolled down a few pages and started seeing contacts... wow! This didn't happen before though. A couple of versions ago, qgvdial extracted "My Contacts" only, instead of all of them. Is that due to a change you made?
Great! It works!!

I did make changes to the contacts classes, but I never restricted the contacts fetch to "My contacts". It was probably the cache purge that helped...