Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Why not the NSA or the N.W.A. ?

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Did you just ask me if I'm working for CIA?

The answer is no.
With the Jolla tablet being manufactured in China, the obvious Russian ties of coderus, and Dave999's ties to the CIA (btw, thank you for your service), should I, as an American citizen, worry?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
should I, as an American citizen, worry?
As s consciencious American citizen, you probably should always worry. Actually regardless of citizenship, it's best to be at least a little paranoid.

But as far as the tablet goes, no worries: the CIA will be watching your PayPal account to see if you get your refund before Dave. They've got a pool going at Langley, I hear.

As for me, I just keep filing FOIA's instad of checking my email.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Did you just ask me if I'm working for CIA?
That is not the question. It's an observation - you ask more questions than you would ever attempt to answer.

It's not that you're hiding something but it could be perceived as such.

Personally, I find it the tactic of the passive-aggressive types. Ask more than you answer.

American citizens should always be worried and a little bit paranoid aspecially when it comes taking a trip(no mushrooms) to the middle east.

Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
American citizens should always be worried and a little bit paranoid aspecially when it comes taking a trip(no mushrooms) to the middle east.
I always think that Americans should travel and listen more than they talk; take in the culture and not try to change it. Adapt to their surroundings, no matter where they go.

Sadly, that's rarely the case. I've been that American that ignored other Americans whilst traveling. They can get annoying.

And the Middle East? Been there, had no problems with the people, culture, loved the food, received respect back that I had given. All but that one time I had an AK-47 pointed at me while drinking tea. Later on, same person joined me for tea and we chatted it up and he apologized - thought I was a fed agent.

**** happens.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
That is not the question. It's an observation - you ask more questions than you would ever attempt to answer.

It's not that you're hiding something but it could be perceived as such.

Personally, I find it the tactic of the passive-aggressive types. Ask more than you answer.
Passive aggressive it is then. Its Sounds Cooler than jollas passive refunding. I would Love some aggressive refunding...

Edit: Gerbick, how do I get out of this passive aggressive state?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-05-02 at 18:28.

...how do I get out of this passive aggressive state?
I question how truly important any of this Jolla Tablet stuff is to you. After seeing the input from others, it seems as if the flaws that are inherent in most mobile operating systems are also in Sailfish. There's some workflow issues that need to be worked out, some hardware issues (ex. battery life for instance) that dint the overall experience and so forth. Simply stated, there's still more work to make the Jolla Tablet the best device in comparison to user goals, wants and needs.

Not having an imperfect device... does that really affect you in the same amount of protest you've displayed in this thread

That's my one true question for you. How to break out of being passive-aggressive? Heck if I know.

Thanks and amen.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Hmm, about the x86 support - the SDK Emulator is x86, should Jolla also stop supporting it?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund