Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Exactly the same here.

It has been asked here before with no answer. Any ideas how will this affect the coming PR1.2? Current fw version is shown to be unknown after the overclocking.
You musn't be afraid. If you want a secure PR1.2 upgrade, the only thing you have to do is reflash again the N900 with the stock kernel (600Mhz) and then, flash it with PR1.2

Also, I think there is no problem with flashing directly the overclock kernel with the stock PR1.2 since the update comes with a newer kernel version. Sorry if my English is very bad!

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by titi974 View Post
how did you oc the dsp ?? and does it improve psx gameplay ???

Originally Posted by hqh View Post
The dsp runs at 430 MHz by default.
No, it does not affect emulators. It's utilized by some audio and video codecs and telephone stuff.

2 posts above yours

Posts: 946 | Thanked: 1,650 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Your patch is problematic, since the OPPs are not only indexes, they have a physical meaning. See my changes in smartreflex.c for more details.
Also, the same indexes (selected by the mpu table) are used to access the mpu and the dsp tables, so they must be the same size (or use some other hack, as I did in the file resource34xx.c).
thanks. I missed the reference in smartreflex. The LUT seams to reasonable.
yes, my tables have the same size.

omg! just flashed with 900mhz, and i am impressed ! thats how the nokia shuld have been from the start! the maps are running sooo smoothly! the whole sistem is snapy! good work!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
NFS 3 in PSX4ALL

-Overclocked @ 125 - 930mhz , 500mhz DSP
-psx4all 0.3.9 (cycle mod x 10 and all other settings off/minimum)

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-04-04 at 14:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malaysia
hi, i got default web browser problem after flashed with 750MHz kernel, I cant start it up anymore even with a reboot.

does anyone knows why?

So I've been reading through this thread and I can't find the answer to two things:
How does it affect battery life? (as in, when idleing and so forth)
Does the flasher reset everything and delete all my apps (I know mydocs/calender/contacts will be unaffected since I already reflashed from the UK firmware to the Global one)
________
Fz6

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:45.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
links don't work do someone have the 125 - 930mhz , 500mhz DSP (stock 430mhz DSP) kernel ?

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
So I've been reading through this thread and I can't find the answer to two things:
Does the flasher reset everything and delete all my apps (I know mydocs/calender/contacts will be unaffected since I already reflashed from the UK firmware to the Global one)
When you flash it with -k parameter (like is done in the guide of the post), you only flash the kernel, so, you don't loose any app. You only replace the kernel image. It is a transparent process for all the information stored in the N900. You don't need to reinstall anything and all your information is going to be like before flahsing.

The Following User Says Thank You to LuisN900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
unsure about batt life, it idles at half speed now, and some ppl think that the fact the higher mhz will posibly help batt life too as calculations will be done quicker.
obviously if its maxed out for long periods it will adversely affect battery

the flasher does not reset things, it only takes a couple of seconds and just turn the phone on and run conky to see new mhz.

The Following User Says Thank You to baron von bubba For This Useful Post:

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom