Active Topics

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Ok, I've had a further look, removing the bq27x00_battery module gets rid of the extra voltage reading that is messing things up.

EDIT: My N900 has had 2 random reboots, each time after removing that module, not immediately however, it could be unrelated, maybe something else due to the new kernel-power, but I'm not overclocking and my N900 has been otherwise stable before installing kernel-power. So just a warning it case it is related.
where do you remove the extra bq27x00, my etc/modules is empty

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Using "modprobe -r bq27x00_battery". You can also blacklist it by adding it to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist. With further testing I've had two more reboots each within 10 minutes of removing it. I might try and see what happens if I blacklist it (or maybe even remove the module permanently)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Using "modprobe -r bq27x00_battery". You can also blacklist it by adding it to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist. With further testing I've had two more reboots each within 10 minutes of removing it. I might try and see what happens if I blacklist it (or maybe even remove the module permanently)
thanks, let me know how this goes

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Blacklisting seems to have worked, been 40 minutes and no random reboots. Just add "blacklist bq27x00_battery" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist and reboot.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Blacklisting seems to have worked, been 40 minutes and no random reboots. Just add "blacklist bq27x00_battery" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist and reboot.
Awesome dude, just awesome, i will see if my N900 reboots, if not im adding page 58 to post #3

well no reboots or errors in the last hour, fix has been added to post #3

I have a question, I am using your qbw but why the % is different from the % of every other programs like conky or battery graph? thay show 49% and your qbw shows 28,5%.
thank you

because as stated in post #3, my QBW is based on REAL discharge tests and REAL official discharge graphs

Only "problem" with my QBW is that i based it on SOC so it will display a little less % then the normal meter + i have not made it so advanced that it makes 3 or more data points and then guesses how much % is left, this is why it can fluctuate, it is taking the voltage as of it's being updated and displaying the current SOC.

SOC = state of charge (set by voltage)

if I delete the bq27x00 module the qbw about temperature doesn't work again.
Is it possible to use both qbw

Originally Posted by iscio View Post
if I delete the bq27x00 module the qbw about temperature doesn't work again.
Is it possible to use both qbw
Don't know about the temperature QBW, but if you have trouble with the display (weird display %) then the removal or blacklist bq27x00_battery will fix it

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc