Notices

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
guys i am having a small problem with this awesome app, i'm using xscreensaver (wormewhole), and the wallpaper keeps playing even when i'm out of the homescreen (i can see it playing behind the apps menu, and the apps taskbar), and i can confirme that in conky (7-8 % of cpu usage for womewhole), but this only happens in homescreen 2-3-4-5- and 6, everything is normal in homescreen 1, and the wallpaper stops playing when i'm out of the homescreen .
anyone else having this problem ? please how to fix it ????

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
Please forgive me if I'm just being stupid, but I did search for an answer to this question and couldn't find it. When I run conky as my wallpaper, not only will it not respect my custom conky.conf file, livewallpaper actually consistently over-writes my custom .conf file with a copy of the default .conf ! And I don't even understand where the default values are coming from, because I'm not finding any other conky.conf files anywhere else on the file system. This over-write behavior happens immidiately, if I touch the livewallpaper settings or if I reboot the device. It's like that .conf is hardcoded into the livewallpaper code, and step one is to immidiately force all configuration back to default (which kind of defeats one of the major points of conky if you ask me, or Linux for that matter). Surely I'm just missing something obvious. Please somebody tell me this is user error, and point out my mistake(s).

SOLVED:
I still don't know what the deal was with the version of Conky I got from the maemo repo, but the new version I got from this post: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=111 fixed my issue (and also fixes another known bug with earlier versions of conky when using the $$ syntax in the TEXT section of the .conf, which was another limitation I was struggling with)

Last edited by zvogt; 2010-10-21 at 23:51.

Found a bug using the flash as backgrounds. If you choose "one theme in all views" the background displays in all views but only is animated in the original view.

Any way to fix this?

Hi Vasvlad
i'm using live wallpaper 1.0.3 now with PR 1.3 firmware. i discover that when i used video as livewallpaper, the video file didn't play smoothy..its also didn't strecth to screen.

So what should i do?
thx before

Same here, pls. I wnt to play my favorite videos smoothy and full screen. Help me out, thanks.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Hi.
I just check up it on my N900(PR 1.3) and I havn't same problem with video. Please try to reboot your device and try it again.

Vlad.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Love this app, use it for a long time now

Any way you could implement this app??
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...6&goto=newpost

Thanks!!

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
Love this app, use it for a long time now

Any way you could implement this app??
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...6&goto=newpost

Thanks!!
I'm going to see this application tonight.

Vlad.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Vlad

I have tried to reboot my n900 a few times and the videos are still running not smooth. Could you pls. help, Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
Vlad

I have tried to reboot my n900 a few times and the videos are still running not smooth. Could you pls. help, Thanks in advance.
me too. still no smooth