Active Topics

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/71...9&#entry476699

just when we thought things were starting to improve vodafone want to pull another fast one

did anyone managed to cancel a contract?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by crash16 View Post
did anyone managed to cancel a contract?
Yes I was one of the lucky few. Took me 60+ emails, a tracked delivery letter and a couple of recorded calls but I got there and it's amazing not being tied to Voda, I currently enjoy a 2Gb internet package on 3's Sim Zero rate for £5 per month after only having my handset for 9 months out of a 2 year contract.

Originally Posted by LaptopU View Post
Yes I was one of the lucky few. Took me 60+ emails, a tracked delivery letter and a couple of recorded calls but I got there and it's amazing not being tied to Voda, I currently enjoy a 2Gb internet package on 3's Sim Zero rate for £5 per month after only having my handset for 9 months out of a 2 year contract.
Did you keep the phone?

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
"Hi XXXXX

I sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience caused, as this is absolutely not the way Vodafone believes in serving its customers.

I have checked your account and I can see that Vodafone Mobile Internet is active on your account.

You will get 500 MB fair usage policy with Vodafone Mobile Internet.

Once you are about to exceed your usage, you will be informed in prior by text message.

Furthermore, I have checked your account and I can see that you are in an 24 months contract with us which will complete on 19/09/2012.

If you wish to cancel your contract before the contract end date then you will be charged an Early Cancellation Fees of £607.46.

To pay the early cancellation fee, you can choose any of the payments options below:

Payment by Credit/Debit card

To make a payment by credit / debit card, please call us on 191 from your Vodafone mobile phone or 08700 700 191 from a fixed phone line or +447836 191 191 whilst abroad (7 days a week between 8:00 to 22:00 hours) and select option 1 followed by the option 2. Our advisors will be happy to assist you.

Payment by cheque.

If you wish us to send a cheque, please post your cheque along with the details mentioned below:

1. Cheque payable to Vodafone Limited.

2. Write your account number and mobile number behind the cheque.

3. Send the cheque and payment slip to us in the envelope attached to the bill or else in any other envelope to the address mentioned below:

Vodafone Limited

P O Box 932

Doncaster

DN4 5XW

Once you make the payment, please get back to me with 30 days notice for the cancellation of your account.

Trust this helps.

Kind regards,

Gitesh Khoteja
Vodafone Customer Services

Thank you for being a Vodafone customer and I hope you enjoy all that Vodafone has to offer.

Vodafone has logged your email address in case it needs to contact you about other matters relating to your account. It may also be used for marketing purposes - you will soon receive an email explaining this and how you can opt out."

Just got this from vodafone they obviously did not read the email I sent them because it was the same as the one from a few pages ago

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

I sent my letter off last week recorded delivery - I await the reply with interest

It seems odd that some people have recieved a text (myself being one of them) that Vodafone thinks you are allowed to cancel with, but others haven't recieved this specific text yet and are annoyed that they can't cancel.

What is this text based on? Data usage? Why have some recieved the text and some not? There must be something that Vodafone are using to choose who they send the certain text to that you can cancel with...

the text is sent automatically once you hit 75% of your data allowance. I already passed my data allowance when the text went out, so when my data resets (tomorrow or 18th sep) im gonna download like crazy to get this ****ing text.

I sent in my cancellation letter already, but as always. I have not had ANY feedback

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by crash16 View Post
Did you keep the phone?
Yes, I have been with Voda since December last year on the N900 and I'm not about to hand back my phone without a fight after paying 9 months rental. They didn't quibble, the director's office sent me a confirmation email also stating my contract was being released without penalty, there will be no early termination fee and I get to keep my equipment.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
yahooo... im out! well i got my pac at least... just need to find a new network... hurry up N9 !!!!

no question about keeping n900 tho. they didnt mention it.

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

Originally Posted by LaptopU View Post
Yes, I have been with Voda since December last year on the N900 and I'm not about to hand back my phone without a fight after paying 9 months rental. They didn't quibble, the director's office sent me a confirmation email also stating my contract was being released without penalty, there will be no early termination fee and I get to keep my equipment.
How long since you sent the cancelation letter to their acceptance?
They still havent bothered replying to mine, despite 2 special delivery letters being received and lots of emails to the directors office its not around 3 weeks since they were received by Vodafone

Getting totally sick of thier bad attitude towards us

Tags
vodafone con