Notices

QSpot version 0.9.0-5 should is now ready for download from extras-devel and the garage page. This version adds support for Dutch and German translations. Many thanks to Bartus and florian for the translations (appropriate credits will be added to the app about dialog in the next version)!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bartus View Post
Aenbacka,

I tried my best to translate the files you supplied in Gitorious to Dutch, with the Qt linguist application and attached it to this post. I hope it works. Let me know if there are any problems.
Thanks very much for the translations, they should now be integrated in version 0.9.0-5. I noticed that some translations were missing, this is due to the fact that the qspot_nl.ts translation file has been updated. The easiest way to integrate the missing translations would be in case you could send me your qspot_nl.ts file; I could then add the missing translations to it, and send it back to you..

I also would like to inform that I am also working on a MeeGo port of QSpot, and hope to get a testable version out in the near future (probably around the time when MeeGo 1.2 is officially released)..

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Thanks very much for the translations, they should now be integrated in version 0.9.0-5. I noticed that some translations were missing, this is due to the fact that the qspot_nl.ts translation file has been updated. The easiest way to integrate the missing translations would be in case you could send me your qspot_nl.ts file; I could then add the missing translations to it, and send it back to you..
Thanks for the integration. Looks nice

Saw I have made some small mistakes as well. Will correct it tomorrow and sent the .ts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bartus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Netherlands
The easiest way to integrate the missing translations would be in case you could send me your qspot_nl.ts file; I could then add the missing translations to it, and send it back to you..
Attached to this post, you will find the updated .ts file. Tried to send it to you in a private message, but coudn't find the attachment button over there.
Attached Files
File Type: zip translations_qspot_nl.zip (5.5 KB, 85 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Bartus For This Useful Post:
Attached to this post, you will find the updated .ts file. Tried to send it to you in a private message, but coudn't find the attachment button over there.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate the help with the translations! I will have add the missing translations, and put the updated file on gitorious in the beginning of next week..

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I reopened an old bug, since it came back. Please take a look, when/if you can.
#6862 - Adjust the login-window for portrait properly

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I have now uploaded the updated Dutch translations file (qspot_nl.ts) to the Gitorious repository (i.e., it can be downloaded from http://gitorious.org/qspot/qspot/tre...r/translations).

It is indeed strange, could some port be blocked which prevents QSpot from communicating with Spotify servers? Some other users have previously also reported similar problems. QSpot connects to Spotify on TCP port 4070 during login.
It could be a separate problem, but I have seen DNS servers that appears to not support RFC 2782 (SRV record) and QSpot requires a successful query for SRV _spotify-client._tcp.spotify.com.

When queried, the server I saw this on always answered that the record did not exist.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asmundg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by asmundg View Post
It could be a separate problem, but I have seen DNS servers that appears to not support RFC 2782 (SRV record) and QSpot requires a successful query for SRV _spotify-client._tcp.spotify.com.

When queried, the server I saw this on always answered that the record did not exist.
This was a very interesting point, thanks a lot for posting this! It is indeed true that libopenspotify requires a successful query for that particular address, so that would explain the problem with e.g., some particular internet connection (due to that connection using a DNS server that does not comply with that particular RFC standard. I will need to look into what could possible be done about this.

Tags
premium account, spotify