Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
sadly, until jolla makes/commisions a handset worth owning, i am reduced to buying ultrabook style laptops (such as the samsung series 9), and installing linux on them (my own flavour of choice being suse Leap).

oh, and android for my sins.
i do have a nexus 5 running cyanogen 13.1, but my huawei P8 has a much better camera....
p.s. if you haven't yet discovered the shear geeky-awesomeness of a Android+KDEConnect+(KDE)Linux then you are missing out!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Not sure what this is but it is what it is...so I guess its good.
https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-communi...es-alex-gomez/

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

I brought up Splitscreen Multitasking in one of the community meetings, the last one or the one before I think. They're not going to work on it this year. Maybe next year.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
I brought up Splitscreen Multitasking in one of the community meetings, the last one or the one before I think. They're not going to work on it this year. Maybe next year.
I hope that they take the lessons from Android N and apply it to their iteration of split screen multitasking. It's nowhere near perfect and seems incomplete (duh, it's an early beta) but it just feels... unfinished.

Thanks for sharing your question and response from them about this.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Guys, are we still waiting for split screen or do we have moved on to other devices with this feature?

Are we still intressted in collecting the price we won together?

To me they are a must until Jolla have fully refund users. Then they have absolutely no obligation left from the crowdfunding and can move on as they please, other than possibly destroy our user data or atleast not pass it forward.

And btw: money still stuck in pending even if they were withdrawn years ago. Mybee I have to confirm my account or something.
Is your payment still stuck in pending?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I hope that they take the lessons from Android N and apply it to their iteration of split screen multitasking. It's nowhere near perfect and seems incomplete (duh, it's an early beta) but it just feels... unfinished.

Thanks for sharing your question and response from them about this.
Well as soon as Android N comes out, and the corresponding libhybris adaptation then there will be no reason why that version of sfdroid can't have splitscreen multitasking.

EDIT: Also I'm not even going to attempt to backport it.

Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
Well as soon as Android N comes out, and the corresponding libhybris adaptation then there will be no reason why that version of sfdroid can't have splitscreen multitasking.

EDIT: Also I'm not even going to attempt to backport it.
I really don't care about porting it; especially given that it's rather horrible at the moment.

My point earlier was that Android N's version was not a good solution at all. Copying that, or just porting that would be a waste of time for most. Especially given that Alien Dalvik has been halted at 4.4 or so. SFDroid being at version 7.0 would be a coup; but I almost have to doubt it until it's a delivered product.

Innovation needs to happen. Jolla's solution needs to be better. I think the options of "just doing stuff because it can be done" as opposed to really getting it right is why these platforms are somewhat stuck right now. Why even have Android when native apps need to be built first. New vendors need to be approached. Something different needs to happen.

That's my personal take. Not one that I think is applicable to all use cases and users.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Not sure about Android N but Samsung's version of multiwindows is pretty good. Even on my Tab Pro 8.4, which is two years old.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Is your payment still stuck in pending?
Im glad you asked! I had completely forgot about it.

Yep, still pending!

WTF

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Not sure about Android N but Samsung's version of multiwindows is pretty good. Even on my Tab Pro 8.4, which is two years old.
I'd say that Samsung's option is definitely superior.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund