Notices

I'd like a dutch version but only as a sidedish. Is it possible to have two dump active in evopedia? Regards R

The dutch version is already available. You can switch back and forth between two dumps. Cross-language links and support for multiple dumps at the same time are planned features. Note that sometimes you need to reload the page if the article is loaded from the cache (and thus from the wrong dump).

hi

I'd like an Arabic version

thank you for your great job

If it could use an openstreetmaps dumps for offline browsing, Evopedia would be the killer app when you go abroad.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
are there any smaller, perhaps abridged dumps available, under 2gig at least? or will there be? i remember having a similair app on my n95 which required a lot less space, while i really like evopedia in theory i just cant justify the space needed against the amount of times i would need it.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Originally Posted by n900kia View Post
hi

I'd like an Arabic version

thank you for your great job

Hm, I could make the arabic dump but unfortunately, the search will not really work, since the search algorithm will convert all non-plain-latin-characters to plain-latin equialents to ease the search for different ways to write some words. This is of course counter-productive for languages not based on the latin alphabet. Sorry, I'll think about a solution.

Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
are there any smaller, perhaps abridged dumps available, under 2gig at least? or will there be? i remember having a similair app on my n95 which required a lot less space, while i really like evopedia in theory i just cant justify the space needed against the amount of times i would need it.
Perhaps the "simple English" version would be the way to go. I will make a dump for that.

Originally Posted by Dario1970 View Post
If it could use an openstreetmaps dumps for offline browsing, Evopedia would be the killer app when you go abroad.
Are you talking about a dump of the vector data of openstreetmap that is then rendered to a map? Thanks for the idea, I will think about whether this can be implemented.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by crei View Post
Perhaps the "simple English" version would be the way to go. I will make a dump for that.
that would be fantastic bud. +1

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Originally Posted by crei View Post
Are you talking about a dump of the vector data of openstreetmap that is then rendered to a map? Thanks for the idea, I will think about whether this can be implemented.
I found a solution. Andnav maps for Android, based on Openstreetmaps, are working on Evopedia.
They can be installed into the MyDocs / .maps removing the suffix. Andnav