Active Topics

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
About Visual Voice Mail.

This is one of my favorite features - the only challenges is I want it to be client based - eg the voice files live on the device itself. I used to use a service called callwave which would send them to you as an MMS or Email, with a voice transcript, caller info in the subject field (with the file attached). then i could listen to it at my leisure w/ or w/o a signal, and not have to wait for it to load ota.

Does anyone know if this service exists? I have searched on google and this site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matthewcc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by epage View Post
In any promotional things I did not notice anything about GV integration. I am the maintainer of Dialcentral and that is available in testing form only for the n900. Contact me or join the discussion on the Dialcentral thread if you are willing to take the risks of enabling premature software by enabling testing.

I am working on another project called The One Ring which is GV integration for the n900. It is still in heavy development and not ready for any use outside of debugging. I hope to have it ready for testing within the month.
Thanx! There is so much NEW on this device, it would be easy to blur some things. Thanx again for the clarification!

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
for now, the only reliable GV option is SIP for calls and push Nokia messaging for forwarded messages

@christexaport which SIP setting do u use for Gv?

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
In any promotional things I did not notice anything about GV integration. I am the maintainer of Dialcentral and that is available in testing form only for the n900. Contact me or join the discussion on the Dialcentral thread if you are willing to take the risks of enabling premature software by enabling testing.

I am working on another project called The One Ring which is GV integration for the n900. It is still in heavy development and not ready for any use outside of debugging. I hope to have it ready for testing within the month.
Early marketing videos as well as videos from the '300', we saw quite a few with a GV section in contacts ( not saying that means automatic integration ), as well as using GV in browser ( again not saying automatic integration ). You also have to remember we were basing everything off of early prototypes as well as the '300' when everything was typed up. We were hoping since Skype was already coming with the phone, GV would also be integrated within the device.

This entire guide was written before the final device came out, and at no time did I assure that GV was a for sure thing that would definitely be in the device... I don't wanna sound rude, but people need to read 'clearly' that I said it could be in their or could just be nothing.

Thanks for the head's up on your programs for GV, the more it's integrated the better.

Originally Posted by matthewcc View Post
About Visual Voice Mail.

This is one of my favorite features - the only challenges is I want it to be client based - eg the voice files live on the device itself. I used to use a service called callwave which would send them to you as an MMS or Email, with a voice transcript, caller info in the subject field (with the file attached). then i could listen to it at my leisure w/ or w/o a signal, and not have to wait for it to load ota.

Does anyone know if this service exists? I have searched on google and this site.
Yeah, GV already does the SMS and email thing, but it would be cool if you could access the GV voicemail page directly from the desktop of the phone via a gadget or w/e, since everything is organized by date, time, as well as having it transcribed along with an audio file. Hmmm....interesting project.

-Socrates 469 BC

Last edited by spinnukur; 2009-12-06 at 05:35.

Is there a way to integrate google voice's free sms into the threaded conversationa on the n900? I was thinking about somehow using google talk but couldnt figure it out. Does anybody have any ideas? I dont lke spending 20 bucks a month on unlimited texts.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by doksarmy View Post
Is there a way to integrate google voice's free sms into the threaded conversationa on the n900? I was thinking about somehow using google talk but couldnt figure it out. Does anybody have any ideas? I dont lke spending 20 bucks a month on unlimited texts.
From earlier in the thread:

I am working on another project called The One Ring which is GV integration for the n900. It is still in heavy development and is not ready for any use outside of debugging. I hope to have it ready for testing within the month.

That is great news, and very much appreciated!
can't wait to see the package available in extras-devel

Originally Posted by doksarmy View Post
i am using gvmax (www.gvmax.com) to forward my texts to google talk. this integrates them nicely into the "conversations" app and allows you to call the person via GV right from "conversations."

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
i am using gvmax (www.gvmax.com) to forward my texts to google talk. this integrates them nicely into the "conversations" app and allows you to call the person via GV right from "conversations."
That scares me, giving my username/password to a third party.