Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by euanandrews View Post
As someone else said, its like saying to Microsoft...why have they not updated Windows Vista users to Windows 7 for free?
I got the update to Win 7 for free. And it works just fine on the machine I purchased with Vista on it.

Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
I was fighting for this as well, but I don't think a petition will help.... The decision was already made despite even knowing that it would cause disappointment.

USE YOUR CUSTOMER POWER: NEVER BUY FROM NOKIA AGAIN, AND ADVISE YOUR FRIENDS TO DO THE SAME!!!!!!!

And I complement my rant with a simple question:

Do anybody here really believe that Nokia was not even discussing Meego when they launched Maemo 5 on N900 last year???

If you are that naive to believe Nokia does care for its image with customers, you can believe that and keep being a blind fanboy.... If not, you are probably also angry for spending 600 bucks on a high-end device and get the same support you would get from that U$50 "generic" Chinese mobiles.
yeah I agree with(my equiv of a thank) Nokia is so stupid, they are lining up all the pieces to say "hey, we've got something here" BUT! the handling of the n900 is definately gonna hurt them, word of mouth & the www is very telling customers aren't guarenteed to buy anything.

Anyone have sale numbers on the n900 ? I'm curious to see if their meego device will a) Sale well and b) Have a decent app or ovi store for it.

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wellington, New Zealand
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I got the update to Win 7 for free. And it works just fine on the machine I purchased with Vista on it.
You are one of the lucky few.
For the average user, the majority, they have to pay to upgrade to Windows 7.

Semantics anyway, it is just an example.

I will be happy with just Maemo, as long as it gets a few more updates, in particular just the basic stuff that was left out on the N900...such as STK support.

Also

I don't know why some continue using the vista analogy but it's out of context. When vista was first offered if anyone at that moment in time want a free update to win7 then they would be nuts. Understand those trying to use this analogy, this is the only instance in which it can be correct.

The truth of the matter is the n900 is only roughly 6 months old and talk of 2 new OS'es were well on the horizon. Following the windows analogy it goes like this within a year of win7's release ms offered free updates for vista pc's to win7, if you bought vista you got win7. They also released a beta version that works/worked well past the win7 launch date so we got to use it free for a long time.

Nokia on the under hand has .........I'll let you finish that thought has something to do with n900 users and pants around ankles.

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010

Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Also

I don't know why some continue using the vista analogy but it's out of context. When vista was first offered if anyone at that moment in time want a free update to win7 then they would be nuts. Understand those trying to use this analogy, this is the only instance in which it can be correct.

The truth of the matter is the n900 is only roughly 6 months old and talk of 2 new OS'es were well on the horizon. Following the windows analogy it goes like this within a year of win7's release ms offered free updates for vista pc's to win7, if you bought vista you got win7. They also released a beta version that works/worked well past the win7 launch date so we got to use it free for a long time.

Nokia on the under hand has .........I'll let you finish that thought has something to do with n900 users and pants around ankles.
What two new OSes?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by euanandrews View Post
You are one of the lucky few.
For the average user, the majority, they have to pay to upgrade to Windows 7.
Actually, they were selling (for months) machines with free upgrade vouchers from Vista to Windows 7.

I don't get how people overlooked that. I maintain a couple of AD (active directory) networks for a couple of international companies and they got updates to almost 100% of their last set of purchases.

If Nokia is saying that this is a mobile computer, then it should receive updates like one. It's getting treated like a mobile phone on the update side.

I will be happy with just Maemo, as long as it gets a few more updates, in particular just the basic stuff that was left out on the N900...such as STK support.
What would happen if you don't get that support? Just curious.