Active Topics

Originally Posted by efekt View Post
...This led me to believe that my batteries are busted (maybe because of the excessive use of a stand-alone battery charger?)...
If this is the solution, I would be interested to know which stand-alone battery charger you used...to avoid the same problem.
;-)

I am looking for such a stand-alone battery charger but there seems to be none from Nokia. :-/

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
This is the charger:

You connect it to the wall by plugging into it a Nokia AC-3E (or similar) wall charger, and it has a led indicator which indicates if the battery is charging or fully charged.

The Following User Says Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm
hi folks,

does anyone know why my n900 is using battery when turned off? My batteryGraph show a cpu load when the unit has been off...

Wondering what process got hickups or why the unit is half on when i turned it off -even though i know that its a software shut down...., which leaves me in the hand of a softaware engineer

thanks for any advice

Sorry for the picture.... if needed i have it
Attached Images

Last edited by illemann; 2011-01-24 at 08:19.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
Other users were in trouble with a scratchy/old SIM card. Have you try to let the device in offline mode for one night ?
If it is a network trouble (SIM or IM...), your CPU should completely sleep in offline mode.
Have you restored the stock kernel already (check with uname -a) ?

@illemann - I think we'll have to see the bigger image, I myself can't understand anything from it...
Anyways - its good that you upped the thread again, as I completely forgot to update it, so here goes:

As I wrote earlier, I bought a brand new original BL-5J battery and put it in my N900, right from the package and without even recharging it, and let it run idle for a while. This is what BatteryGraph recorded from that event:

As you can see - it behaved quite fine and the battery could've last for more than a day this way... That is, until I decided to recharge the battery (with my phone) - this is how it looked afterwards:

So it seems that my battery empties "as normal" (e.g - in 7 hours), so the problem is most probably in my phone, though I have no idea what is causing this, AGAIN
Something more interesting - I noticed that when my battery gets completely drained so my phone is turned off, if I try to plug it into the charger, the led immediately lights in green (which means "battery full") and the phone won't charge it.
This should not happen, but maybe it has something to do with my initial problem...

Last edited by efekt; 2011-01-25 at 16:13.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Do you have devel repository enabled?
Does this affect the performance of the phones CPU?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm
hi efekt,

thanx for your answer
your problem seems more of a warranty (hardware) issue . In my case theres some processes (one or more..) going on. Of course, in my case battery graph is on, and the clock has to show the right time, i know that the alarm goes of even though the phone is "off". But that means that i'll never be able to shut it off to save battery ... with many other phone makers the phone wont even ring the alarm when of, i dont know which i prefer.... any thoughts out there

Now i made a screenshot with the nokia instead of using the batterygraph screenshot which gives you a non seing tiny screenshot....

thx for reading
Attached Images

Originally Posted by illemann View Post
This just looks... wrong. It rather looks like a bug in BatteryGraph, and not necessarily depicting any real occurrences.
I don't think the CPU would work this way, for such a prolonged period...
What happens if you leave the phone connected to the charger during the night?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
This led me to believe that my batteries are busted (maybe because of the excessive use of a stand-alone battery charger?),
I don't think such excessive use is possible. I've been using such chargers with Noka tablets for years without problems. It's very unusual for me to charge my N900 any other way.

Yea, I came to realize that the external charger is most probably not the cause for this bizarre battery behavior... This is definitely a mystery for me, and my battery will probably continue to drain this way until I'll replace my device to a new one in the near future...