Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by ahli.os View Post
Uninstalling KDE (kdesup) quits with an error message ("rm cannot remove 'etc/rc2.d/S91cups").
How can I (manually) get rid of kde?

Karl

rm -rf /var/lib/dpkg/info/kde*

then you should be able to remove the apps from application manager

you would also want to remove
rm -rf /home/user/.kde if you are going to install the boot from SD version when you are done.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by [[ cold ]] View Post
Is there any problem using a 16GB SDHC card??
No but it would have a 1gb swap, not sure if it woud work, I only have an 8, but the 8 makes a 512 swap and it works, so it might.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
rm -rf /var/lib/dpkg/info/kde*

then you should be able to remove the apps from application manager

you would also want to remove
rm -rf /home/user/.kde if you are going to install the boot from SD version when you are done.
That did it! But still I get this error message: "trying to overwrite .... local.sh which is ...local-mmc1

I try to install to a N810 (internal card), with no external sd-card inserted.
Karl

ok i am trying to install this on my n810 but I keep getting the error while installing install tools that it can't install install tools. I have no card inserted.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
any other reports good bad ugly??
Followed the instructions, opened the install-tools in application manager, sat doing its progress bar thing for a while and then gave me the allways helpfull 'Couldn't install install-tools'
Tried again, it asked me if I wanted to update (so I guess it must have done something the first time) and after a while it said 'Couldn't update install-tools'

Although now I notice, it is sitting there in the installed applications list. Hmm.. how lucky am I feeling!

This is on a newly flashed 810 with no additional card in it

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by tabletrat View Post
Followed the instructions, opened the install-tools in application manager, sat doing its progress bar thing for a while and then gave me the allways helpfull 'Couldn't install install-tools'
Tried again, it asked me if I wanted to update (so I guess it must have done something the first time) and after a while it said 'Couldn't update install-tools'

Although now I notice, it is sitting there in the installed applications list. Hmm.. how lucky am I feeling!

same happens to me with N800 + 16gb

EDIT: must be this issue: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...051#post137051

Last edited by [[ cold ]]; 2008-05-02 at 17:08.

Originally Posted by [[ cold ]] View Post
same happens to me with N800 + 16gb

EDIT: must be this issue: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...051#post137051
If it failed the first time, you need to reboot, and run again. Reboot is necessary?

Originally Posted by ahli.os View Post
That did it! But still I get this error message: "trying to overwrite .... local.sh which is ...local-mmc1

I try to install to a N810 (internal card), with no external sd-card inserted.
Karl

You need to remove local-mmc1 also, this was part of your old KDE install

Originally Posted by tabletrat View Post

If it fails first time, did it reboot? EVERYONE Please send me your application manager logs

ok where do I find the log?

Tags
deprecated