Active Topics

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Prague, Czech Republic
Any update on a Symbian version? Since the Ovi Store process is a bit slow any chance of a sis download to play around with?

Erudite working perfect

Great app. I know your time is short, but is there a possibility for Erudite to support landscape orientation? Just curious whether it can be done technically, and if it can, whether you might have time to make it happen?

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Unfortunately the Symbian app's submission for QA got delayed a bit longer as I had to wait for Nokia to assign me some app IDs for their free signing process, but that's all handled now and its just waiting for QA.

A landscape mode should be possible, it's just a matter of me finding time to come up with a set of adaptations so everything fits on the screen in a usable way.

Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
Unfortunately the Symbian app's submission for QA got delayed a bit longer as I had to wait for Nokia to assign me some app IDs for their free signing process, but that's all handled now and its just waiting for QA.

A landscape mode should be possible, it's just a matter of me finding time to come up with a set of adaptations so everything fits on the screen in a usable way.
Hello,
I am very happy because the Symbian version is going to be available. Thank you very much and please, inform about it.
Greetings

The Symbian version is now available in the Ovi Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/358486

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
The Symbian version is now available in the Ovi Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/358486
Hello,
I installed it just when you released it.

Its a great adiction to the symbian world. For me, a needed feature.

I found a little bug and some things I would like to be updated:
The bug:

Im using a nokia 808.
When you enter in Erudite app, and open a book, if you press the library button, the screen goes downside, loosing space in the top of the screen and hiding the buttons used to go up and down in the library.
I uploaded a screenshot.

Things to upgrade:

The text size is too small, specially small in some books.
The bigger text size is too small also. the smallest one is unreadable. It would be perfect to enlarge two steps the font size for all font sizes.

The margins are too big. A big part of the screen is ocuppied by the margins. If you choose the smallest margin there is also too much margin left. I suggest to make the margins two steps smallers with each margin setup.

There is no full screen mode: there is space missing by the upper and footer bars.

There is no lanscape mode. Please if possible implement it because the phone screen is too small to read in portrait mode.

The buttons are a little small, but nothing not usable...

Please, tell me if is it possible to ressolve the but and/or update the aplication.

Thank you very much.
Attached Images

I've requested that Nokia temporarily remove Erudite from the Ovi Store for now as some recent changes in the cloud reader service prevent it from working correctly. I'll try and get things working again and then republish it, however if you've already bought a copy and would like a refund just get in touch with Nokia Care (I don't have any direct control over refunds unfortunately).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
It was still working fine for me today. What problems are these changes supposed to cause?

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
It was still working fine for me today. What problems are these changes supposed to cause?
It locks up when trying to do an initial download from the cloud reader. So if you're already logged in it'll continue to work correctly, it's only a problem for new users or users who have logged out (and so cleared the app cache).

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post: