Notices

I am really happy to hear that you enjoy using QSpot.. Libopenspotify does not directly support offline mode, but it would be possible to implement it at the app level. However, such an implementation would need to planned and implemented carefully, as it would potentially enable direct download and saving of music from Spotify. I will look into adding bitrate options as well as scrobbling support to a future version..

Thank you very much for your comments!

Originally Posted by jabba_29 View Post
Will offline ever be available using libopenspotify? I didn't think it was.

Now done tests so I can safely say that this is the best player I have tried: yaspot and qtify previously.. Struggles when not using 3G or Wifi but love the way that this app shows buffering!

For me, low bit-rate option and the ability to scrobble (I use Lat.fm scrobbler at the moment) would be great...
but will happily using this app from now on.

Great!!

Last edited by aenbacka; 2010-06-24 at 12:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot for your feedback! I will definitely work on the buffering settings prior to the next QSpot release, e.g., possibility that the next track would be buffered in advance while the current track is still playing. The crashes during trackchanges are due to know issues with the libopenspotify library, and this is also something that I will look into as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by fyrhed View Post
great app. Looking forward to new settings for buffering. That's my biggest issue (in the car using 3g). And sometimes crash during trackchange directly on the playlist.

keep up the good work!!

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
I'm seeing a weird crash with my N900 (PR1.2 update).

After i boot my phone QSpot starts and lets me log on, which goes fine, but then it hangs with loading the playlists for ever.

If i kill the app and start it it again, it starts for a second, never shows the login screen and dies.

Check the dmesg of the phone, no segfaults or whatsoever.

Any ideas?

Sounds very strange, I assume you are using the latest version? How many playlists do you currently have?

Originally Posted by Snow_King View Post

After i boot my phone QSpot starts and lets me log on, which goes fine, but then it hangs with loading the playlists for ever.

If i kill the app and start it it again, it starts for a second, never shows the login screen and dies.

Any ideas?

Last edited by aenbacka; 2010-06-26 at 16:15.

Also. would it be possible for you to start qspot from xterm and supply the application output (i.e. when loading the playlists and when the app dies?

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
Also. would it be possible for you to start qspot from xterm and supply the application output (i.e. when loading the playlists and when the app dies?
Running QSpot from the terminal doesn't give any information.

Indeed, i'm running the latest version.

At the moment i have 9 playlists from myself and i have 10 playlists shared from a friend of mine.

I'll play around by removing the imported playlists.

I have myself at some point experienced temporary problems with loading of playlists, however when trying other clients such as yaspot I have experienced the same issue as well. Have you always had this issue, or just from time to time?

Running QSpot from the terminal doesn't give any information.

Indeed, i'm running the latest version.

At the moment i have 9 playlists from myself and i have 10 playlists shared from a friend of mine.

I'll play around by removing the imported playlists.

I'm only using Qspot or Spotify itself on my laptop.

This problem started about 2 days ago, tried a few reboots of my phone, but didn't work.

But i have to admit, i'm not using QSpot that much, most of the time it's Spotify on my laptop/desktop.

I will look into this issue as well, and hopefully find some explanation / solution to it. Another qestion still; have you been using QSpot over e.g. 3g or wifi?

I'm only using Qspot or Spotify itself on my laptop.

This problem started about 2 days ago, tried a few reboots of my phone, but didn't work.

But i have to admit, i'm not using QSpot that much, most of the time it's Spotify on my laptop/desktop.

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I will look into this issue as well, and hopefully find some explanation / solution to it. Another qestion still; have you been using QSpot over e.g. 3g or wifi?
Tried both 3G and Wifi, same problems.

Btw, removing the subscribed playlists didn't make a difference.

EDIT: I just removed the .confg/qspot directory, which didn't seem to make a difference.

But after a reboot it worked again, had to fill in my credentials again and the playlists loaded.

I'm sure my credentials were right, since i never changed them since my registry at Spotify.

Last edited by Snow_King; 2010-06-27 at 09:24.

Tags
premium account, spotify