Notices

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
0.9.0-2 version with 'order results by' works very nicely here. If I were to ask for an addition, It would be to see the date published of the videos in the search results together with title,user and rating.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Portugal
The download link has a small problem. It has no extension (.deb) and is named Q30, instead of cutetube-xxx

But the file itself downloads ok.
Thanks.

silbah

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@silbah
Why should the link itself have extension .deb? The link just points to the download directory. The file has correct name and extension.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Great app and very functional but I ve got a little problem. I cant sign in to my youtube account. All of my data I ve inserted are correct, I cant understand why this happens.

Keep going dude

I have been looking for decent youtube player since I got my N900...

cuteTube is by far the best! Thank you! Keep up the good work...

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Great app and very functional but I ve got a little problem. I cant sign in to my youtube account. All of my data I ve inserted are correct, I cant understand why this happens.

Keep going dude
Same issue for myself - also had a similar issue with Tweego - could be linked?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Really nice UI and it feels fluent! Good work!

Hmm. Downloaded it just and tried to download video.Video stays in download que pause and I donīt know how to make it resume/start downloading. (.edit Ohhhh...long touch popups menu and also upper menu...haaa, maybe download button (transparent) with start downloading action over video thumb when video is paused in downloading, pause button when downloading and when complete play overlay button for starting video locally. )

Also I think that even thought upper menu is probably the easiest way to add more buttons to "window" it still is bit confusing when upper menu buttons change from window to window. By easy I mean that if those buttons were in main view then you have to take care of rotating and how layout changes. Just enhancement request and little things but you asked for feedback Overall this is by far very polished app what I have seen and itīs still not in devel repository. Just put it there

.edit
Description in video with letters Ä and Ö are scrambled.

..edit
btw is it possible to play videos with default media player engine by wrapping them inside app. Bit like in kmplayer. Maybe bit too much hassle and on the other hand IMO itīs nice that videos are opened in new window.

Last edited by slender; 2010-11-20 at 09:41.

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Originally Posted by philh View Post
I installed it few hours back while still at work, it ran fine I just didn't try any videos as I was at work, then when I got home it won't start, just crashes, as was mentioned few posts above. I guess I'm waiting for next version? Other than that it looked great while it lasted
I have the exact same problem. In fact, I have had a few of the problems posted on here. Installed fine, ran it, but couldn't sign in to youtube account. Then I couldn't download all videos I wanted. Now when I try and start the app, it just closes. Hope this gets sorted, because I have wanted an app like this for ages. Great app. Just need it working for everyone now.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Hong Kong
Hoping cuteTube can handle Unicode search such as Chinese and Japanese characters....

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Really nice UI and it feels fluent! Good work!

Hmm. Downloaded it just and tried to download video.Video stays in download que pause and I donīt know how to make it resume/start downloading. (.edit Ohhhh...long touch popups menu and also upper menu...haaa, maybe download button (transparent) with start downloading action over video thumb when video is paused in downloading, pause button when downloading and when complete play overlay button for starting video locally. )
You can choose whether or not downloads are started immediately in the settings. The default option is to queue them.

cuteTube searches the download folder for a matching file each time you play a video, so a previously downloaded video will be played using the local file, as long as you don't modify the filename.

I'm not totally happy with the user interface of the downloads window atm, so it will probably receive a few tweaks in the near future.

Overall this is by far very polished app what I have seen and itīs still not in devel repository. Just put it there
I'm awaiting permission to upload to extras-devel. I will upload it as soon as I can. When I requested an invitation, I received this reply:

Hi,

thanks for your email (even if it was a complaint).

I am attending Meego Conference in Dublin this week. My replies might be substantially delayed.

If it's really really really urgent send me an SMS.
Stefano

.edit
Description in video with letters Ä and Ö are scrambled.
I'm aware of the string en/decoding issues. I don't have much knowledge of this, so I need to do some research. I will fix it as soon as I can.

Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post

Keep going dude
I can't think of any logical reason why there should be any authentication issues. I removed my cuteTube.conf file and started over again, and I could add my accounts successfully. Do you use any unusual characters in your login details. I'm wondering if it's a string encoding issue.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2010-11-20 at 14:35.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube