Active Topics

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Sure, If we count as a problem the fact they don't work with 720p codecs installed. Nothing to be done until gstreamer0.10-dsp harmattan source code becomes available.
Does this apply if you've only installed enough to playback 720p ? Or is it the case that you need to go ahead and install the extra bits to record hd to break the video calling functionality?

I've never used video calling but naturally thought that I could if I needed to.

I'm able to record 720p and was quite happy, but if I had a choice between being able to record 720p and make video calls i'd choose make video calls.

However, if it's a choice between PLAYING 720p and making video calls, then i'd choose playing 720p..

Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
Does this apply if you've only installed enough to playback 720p ?
Yes. Was stated in the first page, but, whatever...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
Does this apply if you've only installed enough to playback 720p ? Or is it the case that you need to go ahead and install the extra bits to record hd to break the video calling functionality?

I've never used video calling but naturally thought that I could if I needed to.

I'm able to record 720p and was quite happy, but if I had a choice between being able to record 720p and make video calls i'd choose make video calls.

However, if it's a choice between PLAYING 720p and making video calls, then i'd choose playing 720p..
Well its the choice between videocalls and recording+playing 720p so I think you should go with 720p, it's really awesome =) Besides that I never videocall like you so it's a big advantage

zooming in using (resolution dvd/hd 16×9) getting out of the normal zooming and the mobile stuck and can't zoom out to the normal distance again till some time> is it only me

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the wisdom For This Useful Post:
i think it should be mentioned in first post (720p thread) that video call is not possible if we install these patches. This would be useful if somebody wants to choose between the two. right?

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
I have to load dsp after every reboot if i want to play hd videos smoothly.. What's wrong?!

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
You have to make dsp profile default

go to xterm

Sudo gainroot
kernel-config load dsp
kernel-config default dsp

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
How can I record 720p videos with the latest camera ui2 (CSSU 8)?!
If I run apt-get in x-term i'm getting unmet dependencies error..

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
i think it should be mentioned in first post (720p thread) that video call is not possible if we install these patches. This would be useful if somebody wants to choose between the two. right?
...i thought it is now, with current libgstdsp from post #1?

@willi6868

It was mentioned plentora of times in this thread, You could search a little before asking...

Anyway, just use cameraUI version 7. You need to hold it (if using apt), or, update to 8 with every other program installation/update and reinstall 7 after whole operation.

More convenient way is to use version 7 with tweaked control file (so it reports itself as 8), that shut dependency check up. You can use one provided by karam (seaarch this very thread), or easily prepare Your own, following instructions linked by don_falcone (basically, unpacking from .deb using dpkg, changing 7 to 8 in control file, packing again using dpkg). I'll leave You t,he pleasure of finding appropriate posts - they're all in this very thread and You know who posted them, so it shouldn't be very challenging.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: