Active Topics

Please don't feed the iTrolls. This was a nice thread with usefull responses until mid page 4-5

The Following User Says Thank You to vlitzer For This Useful Post:
well my trip is ended after 2 months.
End experiences:
> Microb web browser handles everythihg just fine. Slow for those AJAX full pages, but perfect. Buyed all kind of tickets without issue. Overclocking helps.
> Modrana is by far the most practical tool that I found. Light and got the job done all times. The built in tool for downloading batch of maps works perfect with OSM. Googles failes by default. So When I found that there was enough coverage, I just swiched to OSM.
> Conboy for nested travel wiki. Awesome tool.
> EyeWifi for making the search of hotspots easier. Found wifi in the most unexpected places (like standing in the middle of the country.. with wifi haha)
> Transmision bt for downloading new music.
> Evopedia awesome tool for traveling. I used almost every day for lots of stuff.

Battery life was barely enough for a day of use. Specially when you add music all day; but I managed most days to get just fine. A 10-20% more battery will be perfect. I had a spare but charging it is complicated most of the time, because of the limited availability of outlets in hostels.

besides that, It worked just fine. No one else that I found in my trip were using their smartphones though.. They just don't get it. And most people were "amazed" about what the n900 can do. But they don't realize they can do the same though with any ios/andriod one.. well almost.
Just my 2 cents. Thanks all for sharing the comments 2 month ago.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vlitzer For This Useful Post:
About battery life - you may be interested in 3000 mAh battery mod, by dr_frost_dk (see my signature). I'm happily using real 3070 mAh of raw capacity, and it feel great

Nice to hear, that You enjoyed your trip!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
About battery life - turn the audio off on taps, system etc, only leaving calls and sms on... you'll extend the battery noticeably!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post: