Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by pavi.kant View Post
I BRICKED MY Device...i installed u boot and now wen i try to boot up i get the penguin screen it tries to load the kernel...
says booting NOLO supplied kernel...
comes to starting kernel... then just shuts off
Please help!!!
Were u not informed that its a risky install? Why did you install if you don't know what the software is going to do.

Read the Wiki for flashing the firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to funkmunk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Indore,India
I BRICKED MY Device...i installed u boot and now wen i try to boot up i get the penguin screen it tries to load the kernel... and then shut downs .......................plz help fast !!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to sidd211095 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sidd211095 View Post
I BRICKED MY Device...i installed u boot and now wen i try to boot up i get the penguin screen it tries to load the kernel... and then shut downs .......................plz help fast !!!!!
Mine as welll..... I just did!!!!....Anyone pls help......

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Reflash the kernel with a normal kernel image (either stock or power) without uboot.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by tzalizam View Post
Mine as welll..... I just did!!!!....Anyone pls help......
Looks like you did not type in "run noloboot" fast enough. You get about 10seconds before the device shutdown.

If you don't know what you're doing then this is what you'd get from installing things that had a big "WARNING" written beside it.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Looks like you did not type in "run noloboot" fast enough. You get about 10seconds before the device shutdown.

If you don't know what you're doing then this is what you'd get from installing things that had a big "WARNING" written beside it.
Yeap 10 secs so quick but, I did try to type run noloboot, Starting kernel.... then..nothing happens.......

I managed to run MeeGo only.... I cannot boot back to the old system. What should I do to get back the old maemo 5? I did remove the SD and run noloboot....and again... Starting kernel...... nothing happens....

Thanks a lot for helping me....btw any chances to speed up Meego? Mine is very very slow....Is it because of using SD card?

The Following User Says Thank You to tzalizam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
I have rebuild u-boot (Matan's version) from source.

Compiling process (native SDK on N900) has gone well, no errors only some warnings.

Unfortunately the u-boot's image obtained doesn't works on N900.

If I flash it (with attached power kernel) I obtain a corrupted screen during boot and some seconds after N900 power off (no Maemo's boot)

Why?
Where is the error during image build process ?

Hello, I builded new U-Boot based on master U-Boot git tree from 26.08.2011 with new ali's patches. I implemented on screen BootMenu to U-Boot (it looks like Fanoush BootMenu script) which is included too.

Last edited by pali; 2012-06-06 at 14:16.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Hi pali! I saw while searching the net some time ago that you posted a patch for uboot to allow it to boot through EMMC + support for bootmenu. Is that patch included on your u-boot? Or is this just a bootmenu + uboot. Would love the EMMC part

Nevermind saw it already here

https://gitorious.org/u-boot-shr/u-b...s/nokia_rx51.h

great thanks pali!