Active Topics

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
BTW, ConnMan dbus API descriptions can be found at http://git.kernel.org/cgit/network/c...n.git/tree/doc

The manager-api.txt and technology-api.txt are the most useful ones to check.

Originally Posted by jukkar View Post
This is the correct way, only cellular should be disabled now. If it does not, then that is a bug.
Then a bug it is
I did do some progresss though.

Originally Posted by jukkar View Post
You can go to flight mode via connman like this
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=net.connman / net.connman.Manager.SetProperty string:"OfflineMode" variant:boolean:true
Unlike mcetool (where I tried the same thing) using connman you can set offline mode and then reactivate only wifi:
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=net.connman /net/connman/technology/wifi net.connman.Technology.SetProperty string:"Powered" variant:boolean:true
This way the end result is the one I was looking for, even though you loose wlan connection for a few seconds. Great! I needed this for when I'm at work. Thankyou EmaNymton and Jukkar!

Any idea how to set an alarm via DBus?

Anyone now how to get GPS-coordinates through dbus? Or some other simple way that can be used from a shell script?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by evk View Post
Anyone now how to get GPS-coordinates through dbus? Or some other simple way that can be used from a shell script?
I had a couple of tries, but could not figure out how to do it.

Apparently the thing to use is "org.freedesktop.Geoclue.Master" but how to exactly do that escapes my understanding. I did some experimenting with qdbus but the format of the dbus commands are too difficult for me to understand...

It's got a org.freedesktop.Geoclue.Master.Create() method, and invoking that will give you a new thingy, something like "/org/freedesktop/Geoclue/Master/client0" for example, where the last number will probably increase based on how many thingies you have create():d...

Yes, I found the Geoclue interface, but didn't mess around with create. So that's one step fruther, thanks.

If I don't find anything else. I'll guess I'll have to write a small utility in c++. But it's fun to see how much that can be acomplished in pure(*) shell.

* What ever pure means. dbus-send, mcetool etc. aren't shell commands. But they would be available in a shell ready nemo/sailfish install.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by evk View Post
Yes, I found the Geoclue interface, but didn't mess around with create. So that's one step fruther, thanks.

If I don't find anything else. I'll guess I'll have to write a small utility in c++. But it's fun to see how much that can be acomplished in pure(*) shell.

* What ever pure means. dbus-send, mcetool etc. aren't shell commands. But they would be available in a shell ready nemo/sailfish install.
I have same thing in mind. Unfortunately I could not find any examples on how to interface to the positioning with c (or any other language either, bummer...)

I'd like to make a simple positionlogger utility, that just logs coordinates every second, to help me plot my running exercises. I still have to take my N9 with me when I am running since there's nothing like that for Sailfish

There is Rena: https://github.com/Simoma/rena. I did not try it with running, but it save tracks in GPX format.

The Following User Says Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I'd like to make a simple positionlogger utility, that just logs coordinates every second, to help me plot my running exercises. I still have to take my N9 with me when I am running since there's nothing like that for Sailfish
OpenRepos, OSMapper. Works fine.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I have same thing in mind. Unfortunately I could not find any examples on how to interface to the positioning with c (or any other language either, bummer...)
I haven't tried this my self, but I think that's done with QtPositioning.