Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I always read robthebold as rothlebod and think is as an dungeons and dragons character, a small creature with stealing and tinkering skills.
I once had a pair of fuzzy D20's hanging from my rear-view mirror

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
First little analyze for all pictures

1. eson... Great one, did You took it from my backyard? Only negative thing is cropping, dimensions are not photographic... Anyway, I could live there!

2. maemish... Poor dog. I hate people who handle loveones like that. And I also don't wan't to live in a city... anymore... - Story behind this is so sad. I like dogs more than cats. That's true!

3. Fellfrosch... mmMMMmm Beer mmMMMmm. Like Your place. Picture is maybe overexposed but who cares mmMMMmm

4. me... well, picture is not sharp and Volvo's hood is dirty... Maybe the idea was ok but implementation sucks...

5. robthebold... When I first look this I felt myself Antman... Great colors and what a view!

6. levone1... Very beautiful sky, very... Cropping is not perfect but who cares if weather is fine.

7. fooxl... I really like Alps but living there is maybe not my thing... Great colors and mood, thanks!

8. mosen... Is that Your restaurant? Almost perfect picture, colors does not look real... maybe cause here is still only snow and ...snow

Oh, and voting.... 1. eson - that place look just where I live...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
My vote goes to... mosen!

If nothing else then for nostalgic reasons. That castle reminds me of our family tradition from when I was a child. The ZOO we used to go every May was on the grounds of a castle that looked almost like that.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 458 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
I vote number 7.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pentona For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
My vote goes to levone1 though robthebold killed it from the photographer skill side. Very good!
If it was not for levone1s pic reminding me of my childhood weekend vacations when the sea was only some km away.

Reminder, voting ends at 20:00utc (in ~ 3,5h from this post for all daylight-saving-switch-impaired).

Everyone is still invited to look at the runner-field and influence the current line-up.
Come on, your easy chance to be an Influencer

fooxl (Pentona, robthebold, Maemish)
robthebold (imaginaryenemy, Fellfrosch)
mosen (pichlo, Macros)
levone1 (mosen)
Maemish (Dousan)
Fellfrosch (eson)
eson (catbus)

Last edited by mosen; 2019-03-31 at 16:40.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
If I am still in time my vote goes to levone1
and second to mosen, eson, fellfrosch and all

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Gentlemen, that was great fun. Thank you very much for participating!

Final results are:
fooxl (Pentona, robthebold, Maemish)
robthebold (imaginaryenemy, Fellfrosch)
mosen (pichlo, Macros)
levone1 (mosen, peterleinchen)
Maemish (Dousan, juiceme)
Fellfrosch (eson)
eson (catbus)

@fooxl is our winner for the march competition!

Congratulations and a kind of selfish wish for a good hand in selecting the Theme for April!

Please fooxl, go ahead as soon as possible and open a new thread with your chosen topic so we can all go shooting again.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-03-31 at 21:17.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
1. eson (Sailfish X on Sony Xperia X and stock photo app)
Nice outhouse at backyard, seems to be on the edge of a larger piece of woods. Center composition of the main subject in square format pleasant but the slight left tilt of 2.6 degrees is a bit disturbing.
2. maemish (N900 stock camera app)
Very touching subject, poor dog waiting patiently for her master out in the cold. Composition is all the way broken but it does not matter as the emotional content is overflowing.
3. Fellfrosch (No idea what gear)
Darkish main subject on a light background, a bit difficult capture condition as obviously to get the subject exposure balanced the background burns through. No matter though as this gives nice glow to the content of the bottle.
4. catbus (N9 with stock software)
A bit odd capture, is this reflection on a puddle of water on the ground? Massing is nice but the image is overall a bit unclean looking.
5. robthebold (Xperia X)
Extremely nice and balances capture, nice perspective. Background almost perfectly symmetrical and the foreground shuttlecock is placed just right.
6. levone1 (Sony Xperia X Compact, Sailfish 3.0.2)
A bit too small image for my taste, cannot make out the detail that one would want to. The anchor is vit underexposed and not distinct enough of the underparts of te bridge. Very nice gradient on the clear sky.
7. fooxl (Xperia X, Sailfish OS, stock camera app)
Absolutely beautiful curving leadlines with the ski tracks, interesting airplane tracks on the sky. good composition and massing, and detail enough on the snow which is pretty difficult to expose correctly.
8. mosen (Xperia XA2 with Piggz Advanced Camera)
Very pleasant castle, lots of interesting detail in the picture. The trees obscure the main subject a bit too much to my taste. Sky is burned through, too bad
Final verdict;
There were lots of very good pictures, and compositionally my favorites are @robthebold and @fooxl.
However this time I'lll let my emotions rule and go for the most touching image and that sure is the sad dog by @maemish!

------- edit -------

Bummer, I was 20 minutes too late

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Bummer, I was 20 minutes too late
It is never to late if your vote does not change the winner
Thanks for your detailed write-up. Always a pleasure to read!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post

3. Fellfrosch (No idea what gear)
Holy shiiiiii.....
Sorry have forgotten to write, that it was XperiaX

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition