Active Topics

Still no solution. Anone an idea?

Got a dummy connection set up?

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Hmm, well I can't even get ossoweather do setup a working account for me (it used to be fine, but the latest install I just put on doesn't let me choose anything for add, I have to manually enter a zip code, and then it still doesn't do anything...) so I'm having a bit of trouble testing it... but theoretically I can't see why one would work (i.e. browser) and the other wouldn't.

Did you install the .deb package for USB networking and run the appropriate commands, or are you doing it all manually? You said you followed the instructions in the wiki, but was that the entry for USB networking, or the entry for USB host mode?

Will the dm9601 driver work for a dm9000 device?

Last edited by davep; 2008-04-19 at 22:28.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
I picked up a USB100M for the grand sum of £0.99 on ebay and am really happy with the wired performance, this will save me dragging a wireless access point around hotel rooms in the future.

Thanks all.

I wanted to post a follow-up based on my experience. It turns out that the TRENDNET TU-ET100C adapter only seems to work under a light load. As soon as you stress it, it fails and brings the system down with it. I think it starts to draw too much power from the N810.

I finally went out and got a Linksys USB100M and it works like a charm. I would recommend sticking with that model to avoid trouble.

I also wanted to report that Newegg.com has an adapter cable for the N810 for $1.99 that works well for this application on the N810. It is "Link Depot 3 ft. USB A/male to Micro USB 5 pin male Model
MUSB-3"

Last edited by oldskool; 2008-05-01 at 07:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to oldskool For This Useful Post:
I have problem after uprade to diablo pre release.
Usbnet works. The problem is that "connection search" doesn't find DEFAULT connection (DUMMY).
I can edit it but can't connect.
I install gconf-editor and find that there is no connection type DUMMY at all. (system-osso-cinnectivity-network-type)
If I change type of DEFAULT IAP from DUMMY to some other exist type then "conn. search" find DEFAULT.
Do anybody know how solve this problem.

I also am having problems since upgrading to diablo. Have reinstalled both reinstalled usbLAN_0.2.1_armel.deb and dbus-scripts_1.0.3_armel.deb, but get no conection when I try to swap to wired. Anyone got any ideas?

Count me as another person who can't get wired eth working post-diablo install. Worked fine under OS20008..got usbLAN_0.2.1_armel.deb and dbus-scripts_1.0.3_armel.deb re-installed.

When I open a browser, no "wired" connection shows.

Vote for #3306...

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post: