Active Topics

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 212 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Viewing linked images would be cool, even if they're only tiny thumbnails.
If you (anybody) want to help me to implement this feature in Mauku (actually in the Microfeed backend), please collect the following information of your favorite Twitter image services:
  • The URL pattern of a provided link in a tweet. Put an asterisk (*) in the place of the unique identifier of a linked image. (For example, in Twitpic, this seems to be http://twitpic.com/*.) Now, Mauku will search this link from all tweets.
  • The URL of the corresponding thumbnail image in the service. Use an asterisk as a substitute of the unique identifier got above. (For example, in Twitpic, this seems to be http://twitpic.com/show/mini/*.) This link will be used when showing the image in Mauku.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hhedberg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hhedberg View Post
I was planning to implement search in a separate window, but I like your idea too. Let's see what happens.
Are there any news regarding the search? I don't know much about Twitter and micro blogging and I have no intentions to generate content myself. The only think I use is to watch for these hashtags like, for example, #maemo5.

Is there a way to already do this with Mauku? I think it would be nice for the summit. There are probably many people writing about it with a special tag. Sorry if this has been asked before - I'm not very deep into this stuff

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Mauku 2.0 beta 4 was just released and got a major facelift!

Last edited by zerojay; 2009-10-09 at 20:15.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
one thing im thinking...if i want to use ICQ/MSN...does Mauku 2 support these protocols or would it be better to use the integrated versions which can be installed into the built in IM client?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
one thing im thinking...if i want to use ICQ/MSN...does Mauku 2 support these protocols or would it be better to use the integrated versions which can be installed into the built in IM client?
You might be confused here. Mauku does not do any sort of instant messaging. It does microblogging... so Twitter, identica...

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
hm, i see..thanks for clearing that up..so i'll just wait until the ICQ/MSN plugins for the IM client are released then?

Search will be great.
Also how about adding gps location info.

Great app though. Thanks

does mauku let me see replies to my tweets ?

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Mauku 2.0 beta 4 was just released and got a major facelift!
Screenshots or it didn't happen

I'm having a mild case of device envy right now.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Looks like Mauku will do what I need, then.

I have tweetdeck open right now: it shows a timeline of all my friends and my tweets, any replies to me even if they're not from my listed friends, a search I follow on one of the 'celebs' I interact with so we can have group conversations, a search on a hashtag and my direct messages. I can tweet, reply or direct message. I can also retweet. If retweet is missing, you use reply (to get the name) and copy/paste for the content (Maemo does that!) and shove RT in the front, so its absence isn't citical. Unless I'm mistaken, Mauku will do everything that tweetdeck does. And a whole pile more than jtwitter. Good enough for me!

Tags
fremantle, jaiku, mauku, micro-blogging, qaiku, tweet, twitter