Posts: 76 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Portland, Or
Originally Posted by Munk View Post
Wait a minute.

I just talked to a T-Mobile USA sales rep, via the phone, named Rachel yesterday about the N900. I was playing ignorant to the whole thing and asked if the N900 was out and how much it costs. She said, you wont be able to purchase the N900 until mid next month (November) but she couldn't tell the pricing at this time. She had no idea of what the N900 was but found it in her computer system and just read back that it was available mid-November.

So, I would go with what the computer says rather than some sales person, a little higher on the respectable level, just above a used car salesman. Plus, mid-November coincides with the release dates that everyone is reporting back on.
I really doubt it, though who knows. I remember a calendar floating around with all T-Mobiles Novemember Releases including BlackBerry 9700, Moto Cliq, Samsung Behold, and a few others. Though no N900 was included.

I really want to try out this phone but cash flow presents a problem. Will T-mobile begin to carry the phone and offer cheaper means of obtaining one?

Last edited by pugely; 2009-11-30 at 04:00.

Doubtful, not to mention the whole point of Project Black was to move away from subsidies (now instead they have 20 month payment installment plans).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
I hope they don't carry the n900 because then they'll force us to pay for smart phone data plans.

The Following User Says Thank You to phase315 For This Useful Post:
I don't see any carrier subsidizing this phone. I don't think they want to mess with a phone that has root access right out of the box. I think android is as open as it gets for the carriers.

Originally Posted by phase315 View Post
I hope they don't carry the n900 because then they'll force us to pay for smart phone data plans.
Well you could always buy it unlocked and unsubsidized and then buy a TMobile plan (and get some free phone).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Well you could always buy it unlocked and unsubsidized and then buy a TMobile plan (and get some free phone).
I would still must rather pay full price and have nothing to do with my carrier

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phase315 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Take up a credit with good conditions before you buy the N900 and then pay it back month by month when you also pay for your phone plan.
It's basically the same, but might be cheaper in the end, esp. since T-Mobile doesn't force an expensive smartphone plan on you.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Threads merged.

If they do subsidize it would make a big difference for the old customers because they would want the customers with this device to switch to the smartphone plan which is 25 for internet and 35 for internet and text messages,
Right now I have $20 unlimited txt and Unlimited Shadow Web and this is working just fine and I tested 3G speed while I was in the area and was getting 2.26 dwnld speed. So no I do not want the subsidy of this device, unless they would not force old customers to switch to expensive plans.