Notices

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Haven't noticed the battery warning, screen blanking/lockup, or missed snoozes here.

Another thought for potential setting: When I hit cancel, the alarm goes off, however the alarm remains on (for next week). Flipclock is the only "alarm" app I am using. Having an alarm set adds the little clock icon on the status bar. I'd prefer not to see this all the time. I do like seeing it to know I have an alarm set, so I don't want to remove it from the status bar.

Perhaps a user setting so that canceling the alarm also turns the alarm off?

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Dormant,
1. I can't reproduce this on my N800.

2. This is how you set alarms. Hold you stylus on the green inverted triangle that is at the bottom center of the screen. Next, slide stylus upwards. To return to clock display, hold stylus on the green inverted triangle at the top center of screen, then slide stylus downward.
1 - Turns out I was charging with a Nokia phone charger that wasn't actually charging. So the indicator was correct.

2 - Thanks.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Hello Jolouis, Can you make a youtube movie of the flipclock? Love to see it working.

The Following User Says Thank You to drm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Jolouis, When I brouse and find a sound file for my alarm, can you have it remember that folder as my default folder?
Hmmm good question... I'll have to look into the file dialog box thing a bit more, for now I was just focused on getting a file dialog to open in the first place ;-) I'll add it to the "Todo" list; no promises but seems like it should be do-able!

Also, with the snooze "off", when my alarm comes on, a large blank button pops up at the bottom right corner which does nothing, and the "cancel" button on the bottom left is invisable but works.
Whoops! That's my goof, I put the "hide" setting on the wrong button! Okay thanks for pointing that out, it's all fixed up now!

Another thought for potential setting: When I hit cancel, the alarm goes off, however the alarm remains on (for next week). Flipclock is the only "alarm" app I am using. Having an alarm set adds the little clock icon on the status bar. I'd prefer not to see this all the time. I do like seeing it to know I have an alarm set, so I don't want to remove it from the status bar.

Perhaps a user setting so that canceling the alarm also turns the alarm off?
Lemmy I'm a little confused here buddy can you explain that a bit more? This is what I understood as the request: "When an alarm "rings", once you hit the "turn alarm off!" button, the alarm should then be disabled" (so that it won't ring again next week, or at all, until you manually turn it back on)? Is that right? See personally that's counter-intuitive for my use case, as I like having alarms that are the same time each week (good for getting up in the mornings, etc), and if I have a week that's different then I'll go in and DISABLE the alarm for that day. I would think that having the alarms automatically shut off would be kind of unexpected, no? But maybe I'm wrong... I could add an option for it I guess, what would you call that? "One-off alarm mode" or something?...

What do others think about that, is that a viable usage case or would it just be more confusing?

Dormant, glad to hear that it was just a goofup with chargers and not a software problem! I think when I had it happen the charger actually came loose too ;-)

As for the Youtube video, I can try and do one at some point but I want to get at least a semi-final version of the app out before tackling that ;-) If somebody else who's got it installed wants to make up a quick demo video and link it back to my email/this thread... ;-)

Thanks guys, I like fridays everyone starts asking for stuff again!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
jolouis, you got it right. I guess I was a little vague.

After some stops and starts, I have determined I have no good reason for the request other than:

Currently, my normal alarm clock rings, I turn it off (switch), get up go about my business. Before bed I turn it on. It's what I'm used to.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
lemmyslender, I'm with you. I've played with flipclock a bit (quite an old version now), but I prefer the simplicity of a 'real' bedside alarm clock. Some days I need an alarm, and some not, and I would like to be able to enable the alarm on a day-to-day basis rather than on a fixed schedule.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
I really like the graphics but I can't figure out the UI at all. It seems random to me.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by sarahn View Post
I really like the graphics but I can't figure out the UI at all. It seems random to me.
I figured out most of the user interface by clicking on everything on screen. The color of the night display was discovered by clicking on the loop button.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Espoo, Finland
I figured out most of the user interface by clicking on everything on screen. The color of the night display was discovered by clicking on the loop button.
Can you clarify that a bit? What loop button?

I have to say I have the same problem: I REALLY
like this application, I've been using it as a night clock now for a few nights, but I'm totally guessing how to set anything up...and somehow managed to turn the night display to green (not good) and don't know how to get it back now

Is there a post with some usage instructions, and if so, would it be possible to maybe edit the first post to have a link to instructions for everybody coming here later, please? The UI is quite hard to figure out...especially since every button on the keyboard seems to exit the program (this is intentional, I hope).

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Italy
Just dropping here to say that Im gonna use the week end daylight saving time extra hour to install an ubuntu somewhere so I will finally be able to svn last Jolouis's FC version and check if I'll still be able to do something and try to fix a bit all the interface issues most caused by some sick (but hey, fun!...) decisions made in the past...
DRM: there is an old version youtube video: things are changed but, well, its a clock...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRMxSStlGxg

Flip Alarm Clock - 3DMania Theme - Synesthesia - Deluxepain
http://ciroip.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/ciroippolito

The Following User Says Thank You to ciroip For This Useful Post: