Notices

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Hi,

Is there a way that I'm missing to have the sort options saved between runs? Date always comes up ascending. I would prefer to see the most recent entries.

thanks,
Frank

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
Is there a way that I'm missing to have the sort options saved between runs? Date always comes up ascending. I would prefer to see the most recent entries.
No you haven't missed it since it is unfortunately not possible. I myself find it quite annoying too, but haven't gotten around to implement saving the sort order. It's on my unwritten TODO list.

Originally Posted by Hangas View Post
Thanks for this nice App. I will definitely use it.
I'm a user of the 'www.spritmonitor.de' site, and I used to take note of every fueling in my old N95 notes, to then sync it to the site. I'm now using your app in my N900.

Nice that you used SQL lite. I'm a bit off of hobby time atm, but I will write some tool to fetch the data from spritmonitor.de and import it into Fuelpad and maybe also the reverse.
That would be awesome! Feel free to contact me privately. www.spritmonitor.de seems like quite a nice site. There's also a Finnish site http://tankkaus.com/ with a similar idea but it seems to be only in Finnish.

Btw: I think that when editing the car, it should read "Brand" and not "Mark".
Thanks. I've always been a little unsure about some of the English terms used. Actually my dictionary would use 'make of car'. Wikipedia also has an article List of car makes. Is it different in the UK and US English?

Originally Posted by jlu View Post
That would be awesome! Feel free to contact me privately. www.spritmonitor.de seems like quite a nice site. There's also a Finnish site http://tankkaus.com/ with a similar idea but it seems to be only in Finnish.
Last night I did a small test run with this importing thing. No code yet.. just made a few SQL Insert statements to assess the feasibility of it. One thing I noted was that the partial fillings are somewhat of a problem on this. Either it should be also supported by Fuelpad or for now I'll have to group partial fillings prior to import.
Maybe the tankkaus site could also be supported (or other similar)

Thanks. I've always been a little unsure about some of the English terms used. Actually my dictionary would use 'make of car'. Wikipedia also has an article List of car makes. Is it different in the UK and US English?
Well, English is not my first language as I'm Portuguese but I think Car Make is also OK. This might be an US/UK English issue indeed. Let's hear from the native English speakers out there.

Last night I did a small test run with this importing thing. No code yet.. just made a few SQL Insert statements to assess the feasibility of it. One thing I noted was that the partial fillings are somewhat of a problem on this. Either it should be also supported by Fuelpad or for now I'll have to group partial fillings prior to import.
The only problem I see with currently not supporting partial fills, is that the consumption for partial fill records is shown incorrectly. The overall consumption is not affected since it is calculated from SUM(fill)/SUM(trip), not from individual consumptions.

Is grouping of partial fills made automatically in spritmotor so that you don't need to make a group yourself?

The only problem I see with currently not supporting partial fills, is that the consumption for partial fill records is shown incorrectly. The overall consumption is not affected since it is calculated from SUM(fill)/SUM(trip), not from individual consumptions.

Is grouping of partial fills made automatically in spritmotor so that you don't need to make a group yourself?

Yes, it is done automatically on the next total fill. You just need to enter the total Km in the odometer, amount of fuel in liters and whether it is a total or partial fill.
If it is a partial fill no average is calculated; these values will be pending and will sum up on the next total fill, when the average is also calculated.

No that I think it more, the calculated consumption which is stored in the database is used in various places. I will have to start rethinking all those sql queries and get rid of the stored consumption.

Looks like an interesting app. Is there any way that there could be conversion into miles and gallons? Thanks!

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
It supports that, under the Settings, scroll down to Units, unit system. Set to US.

Originally Posted by RockCreek1 View Post
Looks like an interesting app. Is there any way that there could be conversion into miles and gallons? Thanks!

Last edited by Frank Banul; 2010-02-18 at 23:27. Reason: correcting info

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
Sorry, but I can't locate that. Just been searching in "car settings" and elsewhere. Could you direct me to this further? Thanks!