Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ bay area, ca
Originally Posted by ABerri View Post
Waiting to see what ends up happening. Please let us know because I was also considering just going with the Global version as well but seeing that it didn't make a difference for you I guess I will just stick with USA version.

What do you mean reflash the eMMC? I thought firmware was only thing there is to flash.
I meant that I was going to reflash the internal memory card to factory settings. I thought that maybe something I installed somewhere along the way was messing with things (though I never installed anything from extra-devel or -testing) so I wanted to start completely from scratch.

So...I reflashed both the eMMC and the firmware, and nothing changed for the better. The way I know something is still wrong is that 100% of the time, whenever I'm able to establish an EDGE or 3G data connection, within 10 minutes (usually within even just 1 minute), I get the "no SIM card inserted" error.

Guess it's time to give up and call Nokia.. :\

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
Guess I'll go ahead call them up as well. Let me know what they tell you. I'll post what they tell me as well later this week when I call.

mines started doing this aswell just today. really peed me off coz i flashed it like 5 times with the uk version. then i ended up doing a global flash and it seemed to work fine try using the other versions. hope this helps
btw first i did a emmc flash after that was complete i switched on my device then switched it off, then done the global flash

Last edited by darkjoker; 2010-01-25 at 22:49.

I had the "no sim card" problem last week, my n900 was working great, but i wanted to flash and start fresh, what happend was i flashed my n900 that was running PR 1.1 with the earlyer firmware then i got the sim problem, then i flashed with the PR 1.1 global and everything was fine again (phewww), no sim probs etc , i did however sh*t myself at the time lol, thought id ruined my n900.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
I had the "no sim card" problem last week, my n900 was working great, but i wanted to flash and start fresh, what happend was i flashed my n900 that was running PR 1.1 with the earlyer firmware then i got the sim problem, then i flashed with the PR 1.1 global and everything was fine again (phewww), no sim probs etc , i did however sh*t myself at the time lol, thought id ruined my n900.
Ok so it worked by going global on the firmware. I can do that and it will probably solve our "no sim" problem but for how long? The real question is: Why do some of us have this problem and some of us dont? My wife and I have the same firmwares installed and she doesn't have that problem at all. Here is the difference:

My wife has never done any downloading of apps of any kind, her phone is like brand new. I'm the one who enabled all the repositories on my phone and downloaded apps. Only thing I downloaded from extras-devel is MSN Haze. Other than that, everything else is from Maemo Extras and Ovi Store. I'm assuming it's an app that is causing this problem yet I don't know which one.

You guys aren't experiencing that sim problem after flashing because maybe whatever app it was causing that problem is no longer on your phone. I don't know this is my assumption for now lol.

Originally Posted by ABerri View Post
Ok so it worked by going global on the firmware. I can do that and it will probably solve our "no sim" problem but for how long? The real question is: Why do some of us have this problem and some of us dont? My wife and I have the same firmwares installed and she doesn't have that problem at all. Here is the difference:

My wife has never done any downloading of apps of any kind, her phone is like brand new. I'm the one who enabled all the repositories on my phone and downloaded apps. Only thing I downloaded from extras-devel is MSN Haze. Other than that, everything else is from Maemo Extras and Ovi Store. I'm assuming it's an app that is causing this problem yet I don't know which one.

You guys aren't experiencing that sim problem after flashing because maybe whatever app it was causing that problem is no longer on your phone. I don't know this is my assumption for now lol.
my phone was likre new aswell i downloaded no apps all i did was switchoff and switch on and itg stopped reconising it might just be a random fault that occurs

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
ive now got this 'sim not recognised' problem, flashed with:

RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11.203.2_PR_COMBINED_203_ARM

i was on pr1.1 before

is there a solution yet?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
ive now got this 'sim not recognised' problem, flashed with:

RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11.203.2_PR_COMBINED_203_ARM

i was on pr1.1 before

is there a solution yet?
Yes, update to 51-1 (over WLAN or via flasher). The PR1.1 update also updated the firmware for the GSM hardware, and it's no longer compatible with earlier firmware versions.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
To confirm what Rob1n is saying, I also had this problem and reflashing to PR1.1 resolved it...

The Following User Says Thank You to meep For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
phew major flap there!
was up till 5.30am trying to solve it
flashing with:
RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
fixed it, thanks guys

Tags
n900, not recognized, problem, sim, sim card, sim problem