Notices

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
True, I have no need for the plugin either, but "every little helps"... =)
Better figure out why the transparent full-screen-exit button became opaque again in FBReader, and seems to interfere with screen taps now. =) In the meanwhile, I will fix the runaway timer there, and Geometer is porting 0.12.x to Maemo5.

As to XChat, it does look like the notification dialogs are better be disabled by default. Will take care of these in the next upload to Autobuilder.

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
anyone know where I can get a working media player plugin that can display the song i am playing with a easy /(command)? any help would be nice. thankyou

Originally Posted by SirMuttley View Post
Is Xchat compiled with Proxy support? I notice the Preferences lack ability to set your proxy, but I set it up in the xchat.conf file instead. However it can't connect to the proxy, I get:

*Connecting to myproxy.server.com (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) port XXXXX
Proxy failed to connect to host (error 3)
Proxy traversal failed

The config was copied directly from my xchat config on my laptop so should work fine.

Any ideas?
I realised that it only fails the first time when it tries to connect to the networks it's set to connect to on startup.

If I then open the Networks Window and tell it to connect manually the proxy works correctly.

Any ideas?

Are there settings to Enable DIsable the notify plugin? Also is there a way to just disable the vibrate option?

what is this app exactly ?

Originally Posted by tangs View Post
what is this app exactly ?
It's an IRC client.

If you're not familar with IRC then think of it as the oldest internet Social Network.

The Following User Says Thank You to SirMuttley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Feature idea / request:
I have many channels open... how about having the arrow button(s) in the right corner of the screen blink or have a different colour so that you know there is activity on the channels not visible on the screen?

Last edited by Darkwolf; 2010-04-02 at 12:52.

still no one have anything that can direct me in the right location?

Ok, I have just commited the next build of XChat to the Extras-Testing. This version disables cehteh's plugin for everything but the LED notifications. It also enables the original XChat bubble nontifications in the default config (you will have to rm -rf ~/.xchat2 to switch back to default config).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 410 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Fife, Scotland.
I thought that in order to be slightly productive - I would comment on some of the issues I've seen, as this is the bugtracker.

I use xchat on my n900 a fair bit, including a week when my laptop was broken.

See the attachment for how I've got it setup. I have no theme other than the default n900 one installed.
I understand some of these are probably upstream issues, in both xchat and maemo.

A) Input box size.

Input box is way too tall.
With the above font size, the input box could easily allow one line - with the inputbox only shrunk in height - or two with the borders on the bottom reduced.

B) tabs to the left mode should have the option of pinning the tab bar so you don't accidentally finger it.

I have 'tree style' tabs - as they are smallest - and the names truncated at 4 chars - this works OK.
(Some means of adding channel aliases like in pidgin would be lovely).
The selector largely works OK - fingering the tabs is not too hard. One common annoyance is accidentally fingering the seperator bar, and changing the width of the bar.

C) Scroll should work in some manner on the main window from touches.

Kinetic scrolling would be consistent with the rest of the platform, but is probably hard to implement.
Alternatively, touching on the top/bottom half of the screen to scroll up/down one page might work.

D) If the last isn't easy - at least make the scrollbar bar an obvious colour

Scroll-bar colour is barely visible - especially in poor lighting conditions.

E) full-screen button to the righthandside of the inputbox

Fullscreen button to show hide the titlebar.

F) Better managment of connection loss.

This is hard.
A preference 'always reconnect when new network connection occurs' would probably be the simplest logically.

G) settings -> preferences.
Scrolling left and right is not obvious - and hard to finger due to the small size of the '.'s
Making these > and < would make it more obvious.

H) Blue arrow cannot be bound.
In some cases, this isn't an issue - as blue-H can be bound as (.
But, blue-rightarrow or shift-blue-H (shift-'(' ) for example can't be.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpeedEvil For This Useful Post: