I got a right to post here after shelling over £500 for a device not up
to par. Same like the rest of us Nokia suckers.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by berty View Post
Life is pain, then your iPhones battery dies.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ On the Milky Way
Why every iphone fanboy, has something against nokia users?
Today i've sold my iphone. Why?
Because i want N900 again!
For me, Iphone sucks big time (IMO!!!).
Maybe with OS 4.0 will be some improvement. Till then....
Yes, it has a bunch of apps, but iphone has 3 - 4 years ahead.
So... iphone fanboys, get used to it.
n900: Fremantle/Maemo 5

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I would rather be a Nokia sucker than an Apple one. Not impressed with the iphone at all. Poor reception, no flash in browser, no flash in camera, mono speakers, serial tasking, lack of proper keyboard ,tyranny of the app store and smugness of Apple not to mention the fanatisism that follow it.
You may have jumped out of the frying pan but you are now in the Fire !. N900 is not perfect by any means but I feel every bit of it is mine. I wont serve Steve Jobs or give him my money only to be dictated to. The velvet prison is not for me, I love me Freedom. UHURU.

The Following User Says Thank You to Enyibinakata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hilversum
I like the N900 too, but it's not my idea of what it could be either.

No, I'm not hating here - it's still the best in the market for me, by far.

I'm just saying, there's a bunch of stuff wrong here:

1. browser - yes, it's cool to have the desktop versions of websites on a mobile, but is it a good thing? Youtube is slow on my N900 (Flash is a hog, everyone know the current benchmark for CPUs is Flash video and not Crysis lol) and I would like the mobile version of websites sometimes - it matches touch interfaces and small screens better!

2. screen - it's not as cool as capacitive ones. it's not.

3. apps - Python is great for newbies starting out app coding, but install a couple of widgets and some daemons in Python and there goes your 600Mhz and 256MB of RAM - it's not C, and never will be.

Now, all things considered it still beats the crap out of the iPhone, but it could be so much better! C'mon Nokia, give us something like the iPhone SDK (which is FAWESOME, seriously) and then you'll see this platform flourishing.

Apple is tyrannical and full of hype, but one thing they have over Nokia - focus. On the platform, on the 3 or 4 handsets and on the tools they perceive (rightfully so) as *vital* for their success. We're still working with makefiles and bash scripts to package stuff here... c'mon, it's 2010. I wanna code, and spend my time coding - not learning about autotools and m4 and stuff. It should all be abstracted from me, since it's not what I'm concerned primarily about.

Nokia ain't listening boys and don't care. That's the fact. At least apple communicate with their customers.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hilversum
Nokia ain't listening boys and don't care. That's the fact. At least apple communicate with their customers.
I guess so. It's kinda sad, but I also kinda understand it - when you sell a billion phones, talking to the customers is nearly impossible to manage.

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
This is getting ridiculous.
I'm not bored with the N900.

I use it for phone calls, MSN, Skype, maps, and web browsing on the go, or while I can't sit in front of a desktop computer.
It simply augments the way I'm communicating with people.
(And it also has some games, which is always good.)

So, why should I feel bored about it?
Or, what part should I feel bored about?

I think about it as a nice-to-have tool, not as my main souce of excitement.
who is telling you to be bored? dumb post. this thread was for me to see who else feels bit bored like me, i like my n900 just more out of it as it has potential.

if you're still enjoying it then thats great.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by sardaukar View Post
I guess so. It's kinda sad, but I also kinda understand it - when you sell a billion phones, talking to the customers is nearly impossible to manage.
Good point!

Just what kind of communication are we expecting here?

We have numerous statements from Nokia staff about PR1.2, a published changelog, confirmation that PR 1.2 has been frozen (and therefore now into final bugfixing prior to release) and now almost certain confirmation that PR 1.2 will be released in Hong Kong next week.

We know that PR1.2 will herald enhanced app development because of built-in cross-compatability between Meego, Maemo and Symbian courtesy of QT.

We even have further reports on Meego developments in relation to N900 and confirmation that no final decision has yet been made on Meego implementation on N900, albeit with hints (IMO) that this is likely.

Updates are issued to other Nokia models weekly and there has been lots of activity on this in the last few weeks in line with Nokia's general policy of ongoing product support & development. Nokia staff have been quoted stating the importance of OVI implementation and OVI maps in particular.

And it's all been reported on this forum!

No commercial organisation can tell it's customers down to the day when this or that development will be released. Even the sainted Steve Jobs has had to put his hands up on some counts.

Just what else do we need to know that Nokia could possibly tell us with any useful accuracy that would not prejudice the reasonable descretion any manufacturer needs to maintain in a highly competitive market place?

Use the 'Search' button, read, educate yourself and relax!

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
I've read this thread and it seem no one's (not everyone) really bored... just impatient(thats me)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humble For This Useful Post:

Tags
booooooooooring, please go, please sell