Notices

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
@markn: One needs to read a thread to know whether or not a program is acting up and decide to uninstall it or not? Call me silly, but I would imagine the following is possible with or without this thread:

* try to load an app
* it crashes
* uninstall that app

The only thread similar to this that I find useful is the one in which it was discovered that Titan's kernel caused numerous programs to act up (until they updated to the newest version of the kernel).

Meh, I suppose it's not really the existance of this thread that bothers me as much as the notion that it is superior to throw all bug reports in one thread versus the developer's established channel of reporting.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
[QUOTE=aspidites;691212]@markn: One needs to read a thread to know whether or not a program is acting up and decide to uninstall it or not? Call me silly, but I would imagine the following is possible with or without this thread:

* try to load an app
* it crashes
* uninstall that app

The only thread similar to this that I find useful is the one in which it was discovered that Titan's kernel caused numerous programs to act up (until they updated to the newest version of the kernel).

Meh, I suppose it's not really the existance of this thread that bothers me as much as the notion that it is superior to throw all bug reports in one thread versus the developer's established channel of reporting.[/

more about bringing all the known issues into one place as a quick reference point rather than having to search out each app individually.
I had a problem with Call Notify. luckily I spotted it on the active topics. otherwise I wouldn't have known there was even a problem with anything.
uninstalling Call Notify solved all the issues I had. (hanging, slowness, jittering favourites).

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
For users as well as for developers it might be more helpful having a clear, not comment bloated list of apps that might give problems. A wiki seems like a perfect place for that or even the first post in this list. Having each entry with a link to the appropriate posting desribing a specific problem might lead to a very fast overview of problematic apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
For users as well as for developers it might be more helpful having a clear, not comment bloated list of apps that might give problems. A wiki seems like a perfect place for that or even the first post in this list. Having each entry with a link to the appropriate posting desribing a specific problem might lead to a very fast overview of problematic apps.
Now THAT is a brilliant idea. Or if that is too much work, update the OP with a list (though just writing a wiki page would be less work in the end, arguably ;-))

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
A wiki page would have the advantage that everyone could edit it (and mark problems as solved e.g.), while the OP can only be edited by poster or admins.

Originally Posted by k0shi View Post
does anyoe elses joiku spot work? after the update mine doesnt work. my laptop picks it up and connects but the internet doesnt work. could it be because i recently upgraded to win7 64 bit?
try mobile hotspot !!! its working like a charm !!! plus encryption supported too ... all comes free unlike joiku !

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto
does anyoe elses joiku spot work? after the update mine doesnt work. my laptop picks it up and connects but the internet doesnt work. could it be because i recently upgraded to win7 64 bit?
mine "works" for about a minute before it spits up an error code

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Care to be a bit more specific? Works fine for me. Have you checked the port number in your connection hasn't set itself to a stupid number? I had this happen under previous release.
Got the same problem too.. And no my port numbers are right..
The problem is not to connect trough msn, but to tap on the "new IM" button and look if some one is online (it says: no contacts)
I think that haze and pecan must update the app/plugin or something due to PR 1.2

Last edited by Psycho; 2010-05-31 at 10:13.

VertSMS no longer works since I upgraded

All it does it show its launching then nothing, tbh I havent looked into why

Also all of my contacts are there, but my conversations only show the mobile number not the contact name now and ive tried merging and it makes no difference

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
ok i guess nobody has issues with joiku spot? lol
yes, there is quite a lot of people who have issues - best way to fix it is to email the developer and wait for an upgrade
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -