Notices

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted by generationally View Post
I have experienced similar behaviour after installing this package and the 'faster menu scolling' fix:
- Notification sounds/vibrating doesn't always happen when receiving calls, emails, sms etc
- Instead of my custom notification sounds I sometimes get the default notification sounds

Uninstalling the pulseaudio package (using apt-get upgrade) seems to have solved this problem.
experienced the same thing
sometimes no notification sounds & sometimes default ringtones was played instead of the custom ones

- Instead of my custom notification sounds I sometimes get the default notification sounds
I had this sometimes
N900 works great with the driver anyway
Thank you MohammadAG

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Germany
I had some audio-drops with my bluetooth headset. These packages didn't fix the problem. But I don't even know if these packages address this problem. At least it didn't get worse and it installed cleanly

I have experienced similar behaviour after installing this package and the 'faster menu scolling' fix:
- Notification sounds/vibrating doesn't always happen when receiving calls, emails, sms etc

Uninstalling the pulseaudio package (using apt-get upgrade) seems to have solved this problem.
I can also confirm this. If I restart mce very rapidly in succession, I can get it working fine and it seems that changing the tone in my profile has "fixed" it for me.

Last edited by hawaii; 2010-08-25 at 13:15.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Hmm, can confirm the ringtone change, it happened when I was at the mall, almost missed a call because of it.
Changed the ringtone in the profile and it never happened again.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
I had the same default sounds problem. To fix it I changed the sounds to the defaults and back to my custom sounds. This fixed it

The Following User Says Thank You to Arif For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
Encountered this problem today as well, made a reboot via Xterm and the problem dissapeared, but came again..

I am using the default tones, btw.

I installed it and I lost all sound, haptic feedback and other vibrations. Trying to play media from the media player results in a message saying that the media type is not supported.

I have power kernel installed, can;t see why it does that.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
fmo
have you e.g. extra codecs or any other pretty obvious stuff that links to pulseaudio?

yes, extra-codecs