Notices

Can you please list the features this app has? I mean, does it have messages, likes, pokes etc?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RAZOR For This Useful Post:
right now it just show the wall (poorly at that), but i hope to implement posting to the wall, viewing comments, and posting comments. I don't plan on putting too much effort into this as i am just trying to learn the language concepts. The source will always be open though and if anyone wants to pick it up after i am done i would be happy to see that. Mostly i just want to have a native FB app to deal with status updates.

The Following User Says Thank You to pjs For This Useful Post:
the app now displays links as well as status messages, and you can now post status updates. The theme is also more aligned with the facebook website theme. Next up is photo posts, not sure if i will attempt video posts (they may just be links to the video). I also plan to add "liking" and finally each wall item will be a flippable page (i'm hoping QML allows this) which will contain the item's comments.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia

now this is an APP! QML QT RULZZZZZZZZZ and anything else sucks.

anyone here is doing a facebook app, i suggest he stop wasting time.
unless its QT.

because this app is million time better, and uses QML QT!!!

here is the quote from the awesome developer with luv:
"
Running first version of my Facebook app on Nokia N900

Spent few hours coding Qt QML and this was a result. Application already authenticates nicely to Facebook with help of OAuth protocol and loads user's home news listing. Still lots of work to do with the status updates, commenting and "like" support

All in all I was again very surprised how QML allows really rapid application development."

link : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tlaukkanen/5480093852/
link : http://www.substanceofcode.com/

Last edited by lolloo; 2011-02-27 at 08:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lolloo For This Useful Post:
haha looks like we are building the same thing. I do like his twimgo app for twitter, but it is not enough to detract me from continuing with my fb app. I may have to chat with him tho to discuss some coding strategies.

p.s. @lolloo my app is also built in 100% QML, though that will probably change when i add the QML loader. But it will still be 99% QML.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pjs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
"anyone here is doing a facebook app, i suggest he stop wasting time.
unless its QT."

Nonsense.
Maintaining: Audelicious | xmp

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aranel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Awesome !!! You guys rock !!

so i think i got the rest of the wall delegates out of the way, and fixed a few bugs along the way too. Next is comments, then likes. Something else i hope to work on is uploading photos. after that i am finished what i set out to do. I really like working with QML, you can prototype something so fast! My only concern is that the list view is a little choppy when scrolling.

here is an updated screenie, slightly redacted (haven't figured out how to use the fb test account system yet).
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pjs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Anyone developing this app, remember that you're shooting a moving target. If I recall, FaceBrick developer got tired of the Facebook API changes that did break his application. So, try to take this trend into account when designing the application.

Last edited by naabi; 2011-03-01 at 06:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to naabi For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, just shoot me