Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
For Diablo at least, I think we should go ahead and move local copies to Nemein.
That may not be possible, those repositories contain closed binaries owned by Nokia, and also IIRC their hosting implements checks for export controls (which I agree sucks, but ITAR is not under Nokia's or Nemein's control).

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by lma View Post
That may not be possible, those repositories contain closed binaries owned by Nokia, and also IIRC their hosting implements checks for export controls (which I agree sucks, but ITAR is not under Nokia's or Nemein's control).
We still have firmware images and debs and stuff since OS2005.. why would they start removing the repos?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
We still have firmware images and debs and stuff since OS2005.. why would they start removing the repos?
Hosting costs and maintenance mainly. I hope they continue being available indefinitely, but it doesn't hurt to ask just in case, right?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
I've kicked off discussions on the prioritisation & work queue process on maemo-community:

http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...er/004519.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Hosting costs and maintenance mainly. I hope they continue being available indefinitely, but it doesn't hurt to ask just in case, right?
Asked.

Hopefully tekojo will state that the commitment about maemo.org given in the meeting extends to everything on tablets-dev.nokia.com as well. I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Asked.

Hopefully tekojo will state that the commitment about maemo.org given in the meeting extends to everything on tablets-dev.nokia.com as well. I can't imagine why it wouldn't.
Ah, tablets-dev. That's important too of course, but what I really meant was the apt repositories (catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com and the Fremantle equivalents).

Ah, tablets-dev. That's important too of course, but what I really meant was the apt repositories (catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com and the Fremantle equivalents).
Feel free to reply, I feel like I'm monopolising maemo-community today ;-)

Feel free to reply, I feel like I'm monopolising maemo-community today ;-)
Will do, but I don't want to mess up the threading so it'll have to wait until my daily digest arrives tomorrow morning.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Well, assuming we're just talking the blacklisted countries, I would think Nemein can do export checks just as well as Nokia but admittedly I only know US, not Finnish, export controls. And really isn't this severely compromised from Diablo pov if Nokia doesn't license Nemein? Nokia may not want to have responsibility to field inquires re redistribution rights, etc., from either maemo.org or Nemein.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Yes, see the meeting minutes.

In-sync with the half-year & full-year budgetary reviews at Nokia, see the meeting minutes.

Yes, see the meeting minutes. Anything Nokia want done goes through the same prioritisation process.
I did read the minutes but the answers weren't clear to me. Where are we on the six-month cycle - I mean is it June and December, etc.?

Edit: And now I've read the proposal on the mailing list for implementing the handover and while it's good to see action quickly taking place, pardon me, I still don't completely understand what has happened and I suspect others don't as well. The words "proposal" and "proposed" have been used but is it a done deal between Nemein and Nokia or are people assuming that it will be? If we were not in an election cycle, I would not be asking these questions, but can someone please fill us in?

Last edited by SD69; 2010-09-20 at 18:49.